whipple lightning vs. ported cobra on 110

betsvt

Established Member
the first time we raced he dragged me (heat soaked), this time i iced the whipple and the intercooler tank and it was a much better race :rockon:

I am on pump gas and he is on 110...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_BY8cqqNW4"]YouTube - ‪built svt lightning vs ported and pullied cobra (re-match)‬‏[/nomedia]

betsvt

Established Member
Very nice!
:beer:

what was the difference in lengths when you were heat soaked? And was it pulling timing (IC temps over 150*)?
he almost immediately pulled and yes exactly... getting the killer chiller soon!

I would think from a dig the Cobra might have been playing catch up.
im not sure what ported and pullied cobras run at the track, but yea i bet it would be a better race.

lightning >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SRT 10 truck!
hell yea :D
badass vette btw

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
I spun bad on that run, the second run I gave him the bump and didn't stab it as hard and pulled better. I also ran right before the run in the op, so i was heatsoaked for this lol. He also chose every mph we run from, im actually really strong from a dig usually being a solid axle car. Well anyway the last few races we had, are in these 2 videos...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMjhgPLAzyw"]YouTube - ‪OEM VS MEXICO 4‬‏[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvBIMjn1d6Q"]YouTube - ‪ØEM VS MEXICO PART 3‬‏[/nomedia]

betsvt

Established Member
I spun bad on that run, the second run I gave him the bump and didn't stab it as hard and pulled better. I also ran right before the run in the op, so i was heatsoaked for this lol. He also chose every mph we run from, im actually really strong from a dig usually being a solid axle car. Well anyway the last few races we had, are in these 2 videos...

YouTube - ‪OEM VS MEXICO 4‬‏

YouTube - ‪ØEM VS MEXICO PART 3‬‏

just to let ya know i was heatsoaked the first time we ran and also, i didnt get the bump on the second run, you went before it got the chance to downshift. yes i mentioned in my video that you had runs before mine. and by the way i also raced myself to catch up with yall before we ran so it wasnt "straight" after cooling. either way it was a damn good run man, give my truck some props. we can always do it again, im trying to get some race fuel for the weekend :coolman:

Last edited:

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
just to let ya know i was heatsoaked the first time we ran and also, i didnt get the bump on the second run, you went before it got the chance to downshift. yes i mentioned in my video that you had runs before mine. and by the way i also raced myself to catch up with yall before we ran so it wasnt "straight" after cooling. either way it was a damn good run man, give my truck some props. we can always do it again, im trying to get some race fuel for the weekend :coolman:

you were downshifted by the time i was fully in it i bet. it runs good for a truck, but shouldent it with whats done. next time get race gas, ill stick to 93 and we can dig.

betsvt

Established Member
you were downshifted by the time i was fully in it i bet. it runs good for a truck, but shouldent it with whats done. next time get race gas, ill stick to 93 and we can dig.

sounds good man. im gunna have to throw my slicks on though. we might as well hit up the quarter! me and a few friends are going to sealy soon. it's worth the drive and it doesn't get packed. :beer:

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
sounds good man. im gunna have to throw my slicks on though. we might as well hit up the quarter! me and a few friends are going to sealy soon. it's worth the drive and it doesn't get packed. :beer:

my car only works good on the street, you coming out next weekend?

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
oh ok... well im kinda worried about doing a decent burnout on the street and then lining up to run. that's gunna take time

not once have I had a problem out there, with cops or traffic. if you want to good, if not no biggie...you know where I'll be :-D

Users who are viewing this thread