whipple lightning vs. ported cobra on 110

chrisheltra

Established Member
:lol:

it's just an upper only ported eaton car, and i trapped that on pump gas too. id love to show you how much money you wasted by modding a truck, let me know if you ever come to texas.

Youll be the first guy I PM if I ever head that way. :D

C9A1L1L

CALL EM!
Established Member
Talkin' shit with a 500whp cobra that only traps 122mph...

Typical HTown racer. You guys need to get out more. Don't matter what buckets you guys drive they are "the fastest thing on the road." Same guys NEVER wanna hit the track. Always some random excuse as to why they aren't competent at REAL racing.

You come to CA and I'll show you why your mom and pops wasted money buying you a Cobra. I'll be sure to remove 4cylinders from the car too just to make it fair. Lol @ this cocky prick with a slow car..

Last edited:

betsvt

Established Member
^ yea OEM, if we are doing a dig I want to go to the track, otherwise nevermind and good race we had last weekend.

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
lol I know my cobra isn't fast, and I don't care if I win or lose. this car is almost stock lol, and the lightning owners in here are pround to trap what my cobra does in a built motor truck with a ts blower. I had a turbo ws6 made 740/800 before this, and a 600hp c5z before that. I'm not some clueless idiot, I just enjoy stirring up shit with people that are cocky with their 11-12sec rides lol.

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
How does a car run good on the street but not on the track?

I never understood that one

On the street I can do a light launch, and on the track the same launch bogs so I have to leave off the 2 step and it spins bad. hopefully I can ditch these shitto 555r's soon for some mickeys, but right now it's pointless to go back to the track for me.

fruhdaddy

Established Member
How does a car run good on the street but not on the track?

I never understood that one

because he cant drive..and for a Lightning to run 11s and trap 120+ is pretty impressive since its pushing 4500+lbs..sounds like your afraid of getting beat by a truck at the track and rather roll race like a child

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
because he cant drive..and for a Lightning to run 11s and trap 120+ is pretty impressive since its pushing 4500+lbs..sounds like your afraid of getting beat by a truck at the track and rather roll race like a child

can you not read? I asked for digs, he rufused... I gave him the bump from his best roll THAT HE WANTED. these are fun runs, I couldn't care less if the op was faster...but he's not. I'll be more then happy to run at the track again once I get some new tires, leaving on 11psi won't work for these nittos.

Evil homer

Established Member
Hay I have this same battle with my buddy He has a WHIPPLE 2.3 on his LIght
and I have a cobra ported eaton he has like 600tq and 530 hp or so
i have around 505hp n 520tq both on pump gas
he runs a 7.7 on the 1/8 and a 12.1 best at 1/4 On A DR
i run a 7.3 on the 1/8 at 99 and 11.6 1/4 on a Dr at 123
from a dig its not even a race from 60 mph i get about one car on him right out the honk then start pulling to around 3-5 cars to 135 or what ever 4th max at :)
cool vids tho COBRA FTMFW

Last edited:

C9A1L1L

CALL EM!
Established Member
You realize you are racing a truck that weighs more than 1000lbs more and you're bragging about it... No matter how you chop it up, it makes you look foolish .

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
You realize you are racing a truck that weighs more than 1000lbs more and you're bragging about it... No matter how you chop it up, it makes you look foolish .

other way around amigo. who's fault is it he bought a pig to mod? built the motor, bought a big blower. for what? to run slower than a bolt on ported eaton cobra...now that's foolish lol.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Hay I have this same battle with my buddy He has a WHIPPLE 2.3 on his LIght
and I have a cobra ported eaton he has like 600tq and 530 hp or so
i have around 505hp n 520tq both on pump gas
he runs a 7.7 on the 1/8 and a 12.1 best at 1/4 On A DR
i run a 7.3 on the 1/8 at 99 and 11.6 1/4 on a Dr at 123
from a dig its not even a race from 60 mph i get about one car on him right out the honk then start pulling to around 3-5 cars to 135 or what ever 4th max at :)
cool vids tho COBRA FTMFW

PS your buddy either doesnt have 530/600 or he doesnt have traction. Pick one and you cant have both.

Evil homer

Established Member
PS your buddy either doesnt have 530/600 or he doesnt have traction. Pick one and you cant have both.

There u go
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeGqGRGtTx8&feature=related"]‪Punisher lightning tuned @ RET‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]
on the dyno

lil walk around of his truck [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qYSp1q98Xs&feature=related"]‪Punishers RET Built/Tuned Lightning‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

at the track he gets better 60ft then i do so not that
on the st we both spin nothing major at 60mph so
wrong and wrong lol :beer:
ONCE AGAIN COBRA FTMFW LOL

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
There u go
‪Punisher lightning tuned @ RET‬‏ - YouTube
on the dyno

at the track he gets better 60ft then i do so not that
on the st we both spin nothing major at 60mph so
wrong and wrong lol :beer:
ONCE AGAIN COBRA FTMFW LOL

You know what they say about dyno numbers right?

BTW I did this after dynoing at 380/456......With a stock block and an eaton at nearly full weight.

[youtube_browser]F2khWWECQNA[/youtube_browser]

Evil homer

Established Member
well we run at fontana Californa Crap track every one will tell u its at incline
but the lightning wasnt on big or smalls just dr full weight.
:dw: 380/456 :dw:
a cobra with those number would hit those times
now add another 1000lbs hmmmmmm i guess lol ill take ur word for it :beer:
ONCE MORE COBRA FTMFW LOL

Users who are viewing this thread