Whipple, Kenne Bell....Lysholm? Yeah....

EATONSWAPPEDDTR

Established Member
What ever choice you make. Don't be scared off by battery and intake relocation. It's a peice of cake. I did it on my Eaton swapped Marauder.

Before
638e200d-9a64-f73b.jpg

After.
638e200d-9ae6-3f88.jpg

They are all superior choices over the Eaton. Or take a look at the new TVS model.
They are all awesome choices.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Whipple 2.9 hands down..........

however, given the fact the 2.9 is still a relatively new blower ALOT of 2.3 guys are upgrading and there are some killer deals to be had on used 2.3's. Case in point has been illustrated in this thread by Tifosi2003GT.

Depending upon your goals for your build, the 2.3 will probably meet your needs unless you are trying to build a killer HP car. But if money is no object, the 2.9 is the way I'd go.

why I choose whipple over KB is easy. there's actually a bunch of them : Customer support, vendors who support whipple, I personally think the whipple LOOKs better, and whipples are much quieter.

Reality is, you can't go wrong with either KB or whipple......

As for supporting mods.....there is about another 3- 4k needed on top of the blower to properly set up the car. Do some reseach in the terminator section...there are TON's of threads that have very comphrensive lists.

FYI, DSS half shafts are a waste of money. They won't give you much real world support. I know Carol put them on the car, but reality is they won't do shit for you as they are known to break. Beefing up the IRS is WAAAAY more important than the halfshafts. Do some research, you'll find there is a ton of info to back this up.

Best of luck and let us know who you choose

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Thanks guys. Need the input. But honestly my cobra will probably never go down the race track while I own it. More so just to have it be fast and love it. And for the jack Ass in his $80k car that thinks he's the shit. But yeah keep the comment and knowledge coming.:beer:

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Thanks guys. Need the input. But honestly my cobra will probably never go down the race track while I own it. More so just to have it be fast and love it. And for the jack Ass in his $80k car that thinks he's the shit. But yeah keep the comment and knowledge coming.:beer:

You'll benefit from the bushings even if it's a street car.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I know that it has been down the track a lot and i am still cleaning out rubber chunks and crap from when Carol had it. Just not really what Im about.

Did you pick up that CO from Maine? Was a pretty clean car.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Noticable difference? And what are we talking about with price here.

Gets rid of the oscillations in the rearend. The hop from deteriorated stock rubber bushings allow for the independent rear to move(hop) around and the oscillations become more extreme typically resulting in halfshaft failure or exploded diff cover. The Full Tilt kit uses higher quality Delrin bushings which will not allow the movement(hopping).

Here's the link...
Full Tilt Boogie Racing Shopping Cart

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
It is literally a night and day difference in response for your IRS. If more people did this kit there wouldn't be any hate for the IRS and a lot less hacked up cobra's from the SRA conversion.

They offer two kits one is $650 the other is $750 and I would expect to probably pay around $500 for install.

For what it's worth, the FTBR kit is probably the next and LAST mod I will ever do to my car. Wheel hop is eliminated with this kit.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
No personal experience but when i have the coin im going 2.9 whipple/E-85/killer chiller and see how long the stock blocks holds on for. If i get bored ill throw a 100 shot on top, doubt i'll ever need it though.

Users who are viewing this thread