Whipple, Kenne Bell....Lysholm? Yeah....

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Alright, the threads on here dont seem to move much. So giving us all something to do and talk about.

Been researching the different companies. I am still partial to the Whipple 2.3 but i dont know.

Lysholm i have seen only on maybe three cars. Havent talked to anyone that knows anything about them so i thought that i would put out a feeler.

As of now Lysholm has a decent sale on their 03-04 cobra kit.

Look forward to the input conversations. Let it out guys.:beer:

matt87

Established Member
i like them all. any will get you fa more hp than even the most tricked out eaton. i like the looks of the whipple better than a kb but that has no bearing on performance. unless going used i se no reason to not get a 2.9 whipple over a 2.3. the vortec is nice but you need the battery relocated, the air intake is on that side. no big deal but to some thats a deal breaker. dont forget the new tvs line coming from eaton.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I would go either vortech or whipple both have excellent track records on this site. They both have excellent track records and you can even buy the whipple from lethal.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Thanks for the words guys. Surprised majority of the comments are from guys in florida. Keep the self opinions and experiences.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
The 2.3 whipple on my 04 starts pulling in the mid-higher rpm and keeps on going.
The Kenne Bell 2.8lc on my GT500 pulls your ass to the gas tank right off the bat.
Alot of it is in the tune.
KB doesnt make their actual blower per se either. Both kits are great IMO.
Most twin screws are the same idea, just have different features.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Love my 2.3 whipple.... Its going for sale next spring. Going to give the new Vmp Tvs a go

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I have had 2 KB's and i would say Whipple. Better company backing their product for sure.

matt87

Established Member
supporting mods: 60+ pound inj, single blade t-body,bigger maf, fuel pumps, irs mods, better clutch, drag radials, long tubes. basically everything.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
comforting...i have the upgraded half shafts, irs support, k-member, subframe connectors, spec 3 clutch, upgraded t56.

Users who are viewing this thread