Whipple, Kenne Bell....Lysholm? Yeah....

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Love my 2.3 whipple.... Its going for sale next spring. Going to give the new VMP TVS a go

We are getting closer!!

Tool1.jpg

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Awesome information guys. Yet we are straying from the topic at hand for the Supercharger. Whipple seems to be the over all vote. VMP is up and coming yet i dont see a release date. Also which is the preferred vender? Through the manufactorer or is the obvious choise American Muscle or Lethal Performance.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
went back and forth for a while............ended up buying a Whipple 2.9L and going return.
on the way: FTBR bushing kit-IRS & differential bracing-safety loop
build starting very soon.................

Last edited:

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
went back and forth for a while............ended up buying a Whipple 2.9L and going return.
on the way: FTBR bushing kit-IRS & differential bracing-safety loop
build starting very soon.................

Where did you buy yours from?

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
Here on forum (lxtasy93) had two separate threads and agreed on combining them.
Picked up : Whipple 2.9/60's/Lethal's budget return system for good price.
Picking up: Lethal's upgrade fuelrail kit/FTBR Irs kit/BMR diff brace and safety loop.
Just bought: Whipple 3.25/RR 3.0 & 2.75 pulleys / 40A bap with Lethal's wiring upgrade ( which I don't need now ).
Car getting built next month but trying to decide on who's going to tune it.

Last edited:

bigjohnson4.6gt

Street Menace
Established Member
Id go with Whipple, i helped install a 2.3 on my buddies cobra and he went from 440rwhp with basic bolt ons and a tune to 574rwhp on 18lbs of boost i believe

cbr repsol

Established Member
What is the available power increase from the two?

the 2.3 and 2.9 difference on 91 pump is about 70rwhp depending if u have a sbtb or stocker. I am going with sbtb very soon but i have to get my inlet reworked for it. If u wanna run a sbtb buy one that already has it or u will be in my shoes...not to much of a big deal but about 300 bucks to modify it for sbtb. If my car had a sbtb i would probably been 570 rwhp compared to my 552rwhp. the stock tb makes a restriction , im pullied for 17#'s but only seeing 16#'s.

As op have said there are many buying 2.9's and thats how i got such a great deal on my 2.3. $2150.00 shipped to my door, cant beat that.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Looks great. I like it a lot, little too pricey for me though. Will have to see what happens down the road. Thanks for the update and the link post.

Users who are viewing this thread