Whipple 5.0 vs KB Cobra

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Some of the terminators guys just need to stfu. I have a cobra, not a 03-04, but it is STILL a mustang. An 03-04 cobra is no more special than a new 5.0. Why can't everyone just appreciate how the mustang as a vehicle is coming along.

cobrakon

Established Member
Some of the terminators guys just need to stfu. I have a cobra, not a 03-04, but it is STILL a mustang. An 03-04 cobra is no more special than a new 5.0. Why can't everyone just appreciate how the mustang as a vehicle is coming along.

get an 03/4 then tell me to stfu. the new mustangs have great powerplants but the styling is still retro. that's called going backwards. let the mustang start going forward with modern styling and then we can appreciate what a great car it will be.

Last edited:

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
get an 03/4 then tell me to stfu. the new mustangs have great powerplants but the styling is still retro. that's called going backwards. let the mustang start going forward with modern styling and then we can appreciate what a great car it will be.

Believe me, I'd love to have an 03/04 cobra but I wouldn't think it was the be all of everything either. No matter what there will always be something faster and someone with way more money than me. I just enjoying some cruising around anyways. It's just funny that anytime someone mentions about taking down a terminator on here, it seems like a war starts.

Freakingstang

Established Member

cool story bro.

Btw, your cobra isn't a cobra. its simply a lincoln engine equip mustang. Colleti had nothing to do with your car. until you have some seat time, or own one, why don't you STFU?

like I said, cool story ***

Last edited:

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
cool story bro.

Btw, your cobra isn't a cobra. its simply a lincoln engine equip mustang. Colleti had nothing to do with your car. until you have some seat time, or own one, why don't you STFU?

My cobra is a cobra thanks. Funny how uptight you terminator guys are. I love the 03/04 cobra's and would like to have one sometime in the near future, but it is NOT God's gift to earth. I guess there's assholes in every crowd though.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
so many bleeding vaginas. Everyone just STFU. Good god, you all look like 16 year old gilrs fighting over absolutley nothing, yet somehow you manage to carry it for 9 pages.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
cool story bro.

Actually Colletti's biography states he worked on the 95/96 Cobras.

but to call a car nothing special when you do not own or drive one is a bit naive.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well there goes a few hours I won't ever get back....

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Stirring the pot at the track yesterday.. there were a bunch of late model Vettes, the owners all talk mad shit at each other and about other cars. I heard about this and in the spirit of good fun, somehow this ended up on the back of my car:

That riled 'em up pretty good, the owners would wander by and check under the hood, go back to their buddies muttering under their breath. Well guess what, nobody took the bait, they all had excuses. In all fairness the cam should have been twisted to the side more for these cars not straight back like that but it was still funny.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Stirring the pot at the track yesterday.. there were a bunch of late model Vettes, the owners all talk mad shit at each other and about other cars. I heard about this and in the spirit of good fun, somehow this ended up on the back of my car:

That riled 'em up pretty good, the owners would wander by and check under the hood, go back to their buddies muttering under their breath. Well guess what, nobody took the bait, they all had excuses. In all fairness the cam should have been twisted to the side more for these cars not straight back like that but it was still funny.

I liked the ZR1 that was lined up next to you and then decided he wanted to race his wife in her SUV. Even his vette buddies were giving him some serious shit. I dont think I saw a vette click off a 10 yesterday though. And with your 128, you were trapping 3-4 mph faster than the ZR1 was.

Jroc

Established Member
who cares? the cars run about the same times and both motors are very durable if properly tuned and maintained. give me a sonic blue 03 cobra with some nice 18" afs wheels over any 5.0 anyday and everyday. the 03 cobras just have something that none of these newer cars do. ten years old and going up in value since 2009. gotta love it.

Like this one?
fcn2h5.jpg

Yes that is my old car.

Damn...you're totally right. Thank's dude!

You can choose to own it or not to own it, but I'm just giving you facts. Some fairly high HP Terminators live a decently long life on factory motors. Many do not. And to always up and blame it on a tune at the drop of a hat is dumb because most Terminator owners trying to push over 500 whp out of their cars have enough sense to use reputable tuners who put good safe tunes on the car. It goes back to the whole "got to pay to play" thing. When you start bumping the HP over the factory HP the way that Terminator owners do then you are going to start compromising reliably, as the car wasn't designed to handle that kind of power and boost with a OEM motor. Again a well built Terminator motor is a lot better than a factory one.

Kiohtee

Established Member
That can be argued for any motor. :dw:

When I finally buy a Terminator all I'm gonna do is bolt-ons, pulley and a tune. That will be plenty for me.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Like this one?
fcn2h5.jpg

Yes that is my old car.

You can choose to own it or not to own it, but I'm just giving you facts. Some fairly high HP Terminators live a decently long life on factory motors. Many do not. And to always up and blame it on a tune at the drop of a hat is dumb because most Terminator owners trying to push over 500 whp out of their cars have enough sense to use reputable tuners who put good safe tunes on the car. It goes back to the whole "got to pay to play" thing. When you start bumping the HP over the factory HP the way that Terminator owners do then you are going to start compromising reliably, as the car wasn't designed to handle that kind of power and boost with a OEM motor. Again a well built Terminator motor is a lot better than a factory one.

Your entire last paragraph is why id rather try to make 600hp in a factory forged motor that came factory boosted than a motor thats not factory forged that didnt come boosted. Your right, the farther from stock you go, the more you can take a hut in reliability and driveability.

Though its been a while since I heard of people popping motors. Thought all the ralk of properly tuning af ratios for highway pulls put that issue at bay. All i remember was a few tards running 12.5:1 afr and having piston to wall makeout sessions top of 5th gear after being wot since bottom of 2nd, yet the guys doing HPDE's and lap after lap at 11.5:1 not having an issue, heatsoaked to boot.

Jroc

Established Member
That can be argued for any motor. :dw:

When I finally buy a Terminator all I'm gonna do is bolt-ons, pulley and a tune. That will be plenty for me.

Exactly. T800 is trying to push them to be almost indestructible motors regardless of HP though, and I'm saying on.

Trying to argue that a 03/04 Cobra is some amazingly reliable car with 700/800 HP on a OEM motor is not correct. The inherent strength of their forged components is strong enough to handle that kind of power, but some of their components are flawed for trying to support that much power. They are not flawed when trying to support near factory power or more importantly factory PSI's.

An example is several years back I remember some Terminator owners making threads about doing these high speed events out in AZ or CA and they are talking about running a sustained 170 mph or better threw the desert(not that I would really want to do that in a old Mustang. Maybe a new GT500 that's made for it, but IDK) for miles and miles. Everybody was coming in there being like damn I can't believe you didn't burn up a piston of something pushing the car like that in 5th/6th gear for that long, and the OP's were like what they do to not burn up a motor is they run OEM PSI's which the motors were built to handle and tested for hours on end. They would also do the good tunes, and maybe a few exhaust, and CAI mods.

Don't get me wrong I'm not discouraging people to not mod there Terminator. On the opposite I say hell yeah mod them. They're a bad ass car for it. If a L motor was as stout as a Terminator then mine wouldn't still be stock. I modded my Cobra and it was always reliable at least in terms of the mechanics of the motor.(Even though my Terminator had quite a bit of gremlins to it) What I'm saying is that just because a Terminator uses inherently strong pieces in it's factory motor, it is anything but indestructible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread