Whipple 2.9 install, finally finished

Joe 69

Established Member
Hey all,

I know a few of you have e-mailed me regarding the 2.9 install. I finally finished a week ago. NJ weather sucks, so I only had the opportunity to drive 6 miles (yes a trailer queen..lol). This week I’ll have it out.

Here are a few photos.

I want to thank Fishpick for helping answering my (stupid..yea there is such a thing) questions.

I ordered the car new it is 2013 GT. The car currently has 1500 miles on it.

3:73 Rear
Manual Trans
Cat back 3’’ X-pipe
Resonator Delete
GT 500 Axle back
Ford Racing Radiator
GT500 Electric Fan
Boundary Oil pump gears
TSS Crank Sprocket
Recaro Leather Seats

If anyone has any questions about the install let me know.

Joe

IMG_4982.JPG
IMG_4984.JPG
IMG_4985.JPG

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice Joe.
I'm digging that GHIG too.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Gorgeous engine bay! Hopefully you will start driving it now that's it making some power. Is the line on your catch can supposed to loop around like that? Make sure to post up some track times once you run it!!

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Joe 69

Established Member

Thanks everyone! I have built 13 muscle cars in the past. (Yea I’m an old timer) This is my first Super charged project.

Riddick the catch can… line loop is ok….. it is just an aesthetics thing. I’m still working my way around a few fittings. The 10AN line is hard to bend with out kinking.

A few of you asked me about the project time and asked to see my non-Ford car.

During the project I blew a roller rocker arm in my 69 Camaro. The project was delayed because I had to get my Camaro back up and running.

I added three pictures of the Camaro for those that asked 832HP/815TQ..

Sorry in advance for the Chevy pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_3377.JPG
    IMG_3377.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3386.JPG
    IMG_3386.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_3387.JPG
    IMG_3387.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 149

Joe 69

Established Member
I’m using the Whipple Tune. The car runs amazing. No surging, etc. Of course I have only driven it six miles at this point. I’ll have more to report later in the week.

My goal was to have a tight performing street car that would pass NJ emission inspection. Trying to squeeze the last 10th of a second for performance (on the street) is not important to me.

My focus was and is on the cooling system. Keep it cool for better performance. This is not a drag car. Most of you know I have a Super Comp car for that.

Users who are viewing this thread