Whipple. 17lb dyno results 600 RWHP

justice

Established Member
Set up by steeda.com in Toronto, Ont.

21 degrees timing and 84 degrees in the shop after several hot runs.

scan.gif

justice

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Kind of high for a mustang dyno. weight was wrong to. but congrats all the same. but the only important number on the dyno is the air/fuel.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The weight of the car inputed does matter. This is why your numbers are so high for a MD. Having the wrong weight jacks up the load really bad, and it does not put as much on the vehicle, therefore it appears as though you make more power than you did. Have the shop do it again for free. I would say that you are still probably close to 560-570 when they re-run it with the appropriate MD supplied numbers. Translated to a dynojet, that would put you between 600-610. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.

-Jeff

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
21 degrees of timing is a bit much with the whipple on pump gas.IMO anyone with over 600rwhp on a whipple has achieved it by getting agressive with the timing. From what I have seen all those over 600rwhp with a whipple are pushing over 19 degrees of timing. I wouldn't go higher then 19 degeees, but that's just me. I'm at 590rwhp @ 17lbs and 17 degrees of timing.

Also +1 on Hissmans comments.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Along with the weight jacking the numbers, other Steeda.ca customer have reported the use of converted DynoJet-guesstimate numbers.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
WDW MKR said:
Along with the weight jacking the numbers, other Steeda.ca customer have reported the use of converted DynoJet-guesstimate numbers.

I really hate it when shops do that. I can understand why they do it, but they should be up front with how inaccurate the guesstimation is. It is almost like they know what it would probably make on a Dyno-jet, then just screw around with the settings until they get it.

And as others have stated. 21 degrees of timing on 93 octane and 17lbs of boost is a no-no.

-Jeff

MikeW

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
I'm at 590rwhp @ 17lbs and 17 degrees of timing.

Also +1 on Hissmans comments.

+2 on Hissman

I am going with 17lbs @ 17 degrees at my dyno tune later this month. It will be hot and humid outside so i hope I get numbers even close to yours (venomous01) :beer:

spincobra03

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
The weight of the car inputed does matter. This is why your numbers are so high for a MD. Having the wrong weight jacks up the load really bad, and it does not put as much on the vehicle, therefore it appears as though you make more power than you did. Have the shop do it again for free. I would say that you are still probably close to 560-570 when they re-run it with the appropriate MD supplied numbers. Translated to a dynojet, that would put you between 600-610. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.

-Jeff

dead on... agreed X2. The first 2 seconds into reading it was a mustang dyno and the weight I new it was off.

Ontariomystic

Established Member
Steeda.ca tunes your car properly loaded for a mustang dyno. Then does a last pull under dynojet calibrations to give you an approx. dynojet HP/TRQ for comparison. There dyno #'s are SAE

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Ontariomystic said:
Steeda.ca tunes your car properly loaded for a mustang dyno. Then does a last pull under dynojet calibrations to give you an approx. dynojet HP/TRQ for comparison. There dyno #'s are SAE

The weight is still wrong. Changing the weight of the car is not the correct way to do the dyno-jet to MD conversion. This is not to say that the numbers are not close to being accurate. It's just not the way to do it.

-Jeff

WDW MKR

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
The weight is still wrong. Changing the weight of the car is not the correct way to do the dyno-jet to MD conversion. This is not to say that the numbers are not close to being accurate. It's just not the way to do it.

-Jeff

+1

You can't guess DJ numbers from an MD. I know tuners say you can, and I know their dyno software supposedly has a calibrated conversion, but everytime this is done the numbers are inflated. If you want DJ numbers... go dyno on a DJ. Otherwise, post the appropriate corrected numbers for whatever dyno you are on and go from there. Too many people/shops using dyno numbers to prove/sell things rather than what they are for: tuning.

Not sure why a shop would let you leave with 21* of timing with a twin screw on pump fuel.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
WDW MKR said:
Not sure why a shop would let you leave with 21* of timing with a twin screw on pump fuel.

Probably so their numbers looked even more inflated. There are a lot of tuner shops that could probably care less if you blow your motor.

-Jeff

[email protected]

Established Member
All of you who claim the dyno is off I will personally pay for you to dyno your car at my shop and then at neighbouring dyno jets. Our facility with a dynojet configuration has ALWAYS been within 5rwhp of all local dynojet's

The PWR@50 and Weight figures are used when acheving DJ numbers, including the drum weight and other settings that are not displayed on screen.

GodStang

Established Member
I just know when I had mine done on a Mustang Dyno where his numbers say 3400 mine said 3700. I also run on both a Mustang and a dynojet in two different towns so people of all kinds can like the numbers. When I asked the Mustang Dyno operator how it compares to a dyno jet he said the guy at Mustang dyno said 5-10% difference and left it at that. He did not try and convert my numbers or anything.

Buds03Cobra

Established Member
IMO
1. Nice numbers, and nice car. I have about the same mods and the thing is just Fun to driver and crazy. After you get to the 550 to 570 who cares.
570 or 615rwh the car is sick. Dont crash it and dont blow it up.

2. put it on a dyno jet if you want there numbers. The main thing is that its tuned rite and safe.

Good job to all.

Users who are viewing this thread