Whipple. 17lb dyno results 600 RWHP

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
justice said:
Set up by steeda.com in Toronto, Ont.

21 degrees timing and 84 degrees in the shop after several hot runs.

scan.gif

justice

Too bad you didnt break 600rwhp mark :( :shrug: , dont worry bud, we are on the same team :),
i would like to see less timing though, 21 makes me nervous :eek:
Rob

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
21 degrees seems like a bit much. i'm running 15 degrees with a 17 lb pulley, slightly rich tune, through the stock midpipe, and a questionable clutch making 530rwhp---car still feels like a beast, but i'm leaving 40-50hp on the table in the name of longevity.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If you are running 93 octane you can get by with a lot more than 15 degrees of timing. People with 91 octane are running more than 15 degrees of timing. I would at least bump it up to 18 degrees. 19 is even safe with the A/F ratios around 11.4-11.5.

-Jeff

[email protected]

Established Member
The car is running 94 Octane fuel, and did not leave the shop with 21* timing...we gave it a serious cool down and a touch of timing to get to the 600mark and came as close as possible without getting there. The air fuel is also mid 11's. In addition, when tuning a vehicle you must asses the customer and their driving style....if someone were to drag the car and beat the crap out of it, for their engines safety I will always play on the safer side.

I have tuned hundred's of Cobra's and many many hundreds of vehicles with a perfect record thus far....including my own twin turbo, 20+psi Terminator

The dyno has a different calibration setup to produce dynojet numbers and i guarntee they are within 5-10hp

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
The car is running 94 Octane fuel, and did not leave the shop with 21* timing...we gave it a serious cool down and a touch of timing to get to the 600mark and came as close as possible without getting there. The air fuel is also mid 11's. In addition, when tuning a vehicle you must asses the customer and their driving style....if someone were to drag the car and beat the crap out of it, for their engines safety I will always play on the safer side.

I have tuned hundred's of Cobra's and many many hundreds of vehicles with a perfect record thus far....including my own twin turbo, 20+psi Terminator

The dyno has a different calibration setup to produce dynojet numbers and i guarntee they are within 5-10hp

:loser:

dougwg

Established Member
well... in the other thread I proved he's a lier...so to the OP I say, don't believe a word your tuner says

See where I'm going with this SVT543of2003?

Last edited:

justice

Established Member

I also use NOS octane boost.
Fuel octane rating is 100.

Car runs very strong, smooth and no detonation.

I drive it maybe 100 miles per month just for fun.

justice

Users who are viewing this thread