Which tunes are you guys running?

rotarymagic

Established Member
My '12 A6 is bone stock. I installed the Bama 93 Race tune several months ago. I have had zero problems with it. Drive ability is as good as stock.
Stock drivability sucked imo. My Mike Rousch tune drivability is waaaaay better than stock and definitely worth any wait time.

RTYote

Established Member
Got my car tuned by Shaun at AED and let me tell you day and night difference from my Bama tune. Lets say I left AED with a smile a mile wide!!!!! I will be returning once I get my Paxton supercharger kit or I might switch it up and get a charger from VMP after seeing what that thing put down ;)

RTYote

Established Member
Oh and by the way I have a stock 2013 Mustang GT automatic with just a Roush catback exhaust....It put down 383rwhp/378rwtq with the AED tune....

Ductape

Established Member
I have just ordered an SCT x4. So far from opinions I am leaning towards a mail order tune since the only modification i have is gt500 AB's. They allow for minor revisions too which is nice. '13 GT 6MT
I see good and bad opinions on all the tunes and tuning outfits. i'll pick one and roll the dice :)

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I have just ordered an SCT x4. So far from opinions I am leaning towards a mail order tune since the only modification i have is gt500 AB's. They allow for minor revisions too which is nice. '13 GT 6MT
I see good and bad opinions on all the tunes and tuning outfits. i'll pick one and roll the dice :)
Shoot me a PM and we can talk about why lund is the right choice for you and your goals.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I have a Bama tune in my 13 and honestly, I was not impressed. I realize I don't have a ton of mods, but reading through multiple forums before I bought a hand held and picked a tuner, everyone seemed to like Bama where I was reading. Even those with few mods were raving about the great throttle response and seat of pants feel. Well, I bought the X4 and filled out the form and submitted. I then bought a CAI the next day so I emailed them to please update the tune to add the intake. After not getting any email responses I got notice the tuner would arrive the next day. The stat sheet they send with all the mods and setting for your car was a little confusing, with one line saying I had a stock airbox, the next line said Cold Air. Well, the intake was late in arriving (by almost a week at the end) and I called Bama up to confirm that there was no CAI programmed in. The person I spoke with, whom I won't name as I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus, seemed more annoyed to have to look up my order to tell me what I needed than anything. Anyway, so I was told the BBK Blackout intake does not require a tune so it didn't matter. (and I have serious questions as to the validity of that statement, as I learned that intakes alone make a large difference that should be accounted for years ago) So I installed it and have been using the race 93 and at this point it seems it has been $400 down the tubes for now. I know in the future I can get a tune to work with more mods that will be forthcoming, but as it is now I really think there was no benefit. To explain how I came to these conclusions, years ago I slapped a Powerdyne blower on my Navigator along with all the F150 lighting injectors, maf, intake, etc. I had it tuned by Diablo and had problems 10 minutes after getting it installed. They reprogrammed 3 times, still a miserable failure. I then used a different tuner, a fella named Mike Troyer up in Virginia. I had a dyno pull from the Diablo tune, and after sending Mike some data logs I made another pull on a day that was almost identical conditions. The result? All the negative things that were happening went away, and I netted another 27 RWHP. That was just the difference in who tuned it. I'm not bashing Bama, but after using them and having high expectations of throttle response and a bit of real butt feeling all I got was disappointment. I'm very tempted to just call old man Troyer back and see if he does Mustangs, as his specialty was the F150 platform and then compare the two on a dyno.

Last edited:

Rdrcr

Established Member
^^^^
Sadly, I'm not surprised.

Got my car tuned by Shaun at AED and let me tell you day and night difference from my Bama tune. Lets say I left AED with a smile a mile wide!!!!! I will be returning once I get my Paxton supercharger kit or I might switch it up and get a charger from VMP after seeing what that thing put down ;)

Congrats!

I am definitely happy with the AED Tune.

Mike

50blackout

Established Member
Be careful with that AED tune; you'll need to get supporting mods (LCA's, tires, etc.) because it so dang strong :). Shaun has a really strong tune. I put down 398hp and 388tq on his dyno with just a borla catback and AED tune.

I was blowing off my tires in 3rd!! Forget 2nd and 1st. BMR LCA's helped.

BMR LCA + AED FTW!! Every Mustang should have it!!

50blackout

Established Member
Be careful with that AED tune; you'll need to get supporting mods (LCA's, tires, etc.) because it so dang strong :). Shaun has a really strong tune. I put down 398hp and 388tq on his dyno with just a borla catback and AED tune.

I was blowing off my tires in 3rd!! Forget 2nd and 1st. BMR LCA's helped.

BMR LCA + AED FTW!! Every Mustang should have it!!

derricksmustang

Established Member
He ratted someone out so this means his customer service is going down?? All the fast mustangs ive read about on here eather have Lund or AED.. ive read a lot of customer negative on Lund as well. Im planning on going with AED as soon as the weather breaks so what is there just a customer unhappy or are there more than 1 that are unhappy?

rotarymagic

Established Member
I wouldn't discount Mike Rousch's tunes for A6s, I've beat alot of other tuned cars that had more mods.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
He ratted someone out so this means his customer service is going down?? All the fast mustangs ive read about on here eather have Lund or AED.. ive read a lot of customer negative on Lund as well. Im planning on going with AED as soon as the weather breaks so what is there just a customer unhappy or are there more than 1 that are unhappy?

pretty sure he's just blowing smoke out his ass (I always welcome being proved wrong). I doubt you will find anything but a positive comment about their AED tunes.

It's basically just a drama bitch fest between a few companies on the boards here... nothing that would sway me from getting an AED tune.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread