Which tunes are you guys running?

redline5.0

Established Member
There was a mix up of what cams I was running in my car and my tune had the cam timing for the 290 durations scj exhaust cams and I'm running the boss 302r exhaust cams which have a duration of 263 so my cam timing was not right. From the little bit of driving/wot I've made so far the tune seems to be better but I honestly won't know for sure unless I can get it to the track or back on the dyno. But as of now I'm happy with my aed tune.

Last edited:

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Ya I change my previous post, after I put my car on the dyno yesterday and found out how shitty my aed tune was I won't be recommending them anymore.

You should go check out LSXKILR INC. Mo is SCT certified and is a damn good tuner, very knowledgeable and fair also. I know a lot of guys have taken him email tuned cars and hes been able to improve the tunes quite a bit. He was in Lawrence, not sure if the shop has moved to the KC area yet. I plan on taking my car all the way to KS to have him tune mine once my kooks headers come in.

redline5.0

Established Member
You should go check out LSXKILR INC. Mo is SCT certified and is a damn good tuner, very knowledgeable and fair also. I know a lot of guys have taken him email tuned cars and hes been able to improve the tunes quite a bit. He was in Lawrence, not sure if the shop has moved to the KC area yet. I plan on taking my car all the way to KS to have him tune mine once my kooks headers come in.

That is who dyno tuned it, but now it has shit cold start, pops back fires for 4 seconds and then dies, start it up and then its fine but with my aed tune it cold started in 4* weather on e85 with zero issues but yet he blames the ethanol. Also he can't get the moboblade tb to work right so now the rpms dip down to 200-300 rpm when you put the clutch in and pull up to stop signs or a stop light and the gas pedal is on full blown ratard you barely touch it and your going full throttle so I can't even leave from a stop or parking light with out looking like a idiot. Guess I can keep throwing money at tunes till someone gets it right. I was at lsxkilr from 3:30 till 10 trying to finish it up and was told over the phone this morning that the e85 and monoblade is why I'm having issues which is bull shit. Another issue I ran into is some how somewhere a auto strategy got loaded on my car and he had to go thru each manual strategy until he could get one that would work and take a tune.

Last edited:

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
That is who dyno tuned it, but now it has shit cold start, pops back fires for 4 seconds and then dies, start it up and then its fine but with my aed tune it cold started in 4* weather on e85 with zero issues but yet he blames the ethanol. Also he can't get the moboblade tb to work right so now the rpms dip down to 200-300 rpm when you put the clutch in and pull up to stop signs or a stop light and the gas pedal is on full blown ratard you barely touch it and your going full throttle so I can't even leave from a stop or parking light with out looking like a idiot. Guess I can keep throwing money at tunes till someone gets it right. I was at lsxkillt from 3:30 till 10 trying to finish it up and was told over the phone this morning that the e85 and monoblade is why I'm having issues which is bull shit. Another issue I ran into is some how somewhere a auto strategy got loaded on my car and he had to go thru each manual strategy until he could get one that would work and take a tune.

Well wtf. Id take it back and at least make him reload you AED tune, or get money back. What did you setup make power wise? Im not going with a CJ, but a boss for since austin traffic blows so much.

redline5.0

Established Member
Revolution Automotive!!!

They wont tune it unless its in person.

Well wtf. Id take it back and at least make him reload you AED tune, or get money back. What did you setup make power wise? Im not going with a CJ, but a boss for since austin traffic blows so much.

The CJ is fine and drives great in traffic, if you have someone who can tune it like aed can. So its either run a tune with a lot less power but amazing to drive or a terabad driving tune with more power lol.

Last edited:

DallasBoss

Established Member
Redline, do you care to elaborate on what the issues were with the AED tune? Any data logs or dyno sheets? My AED tuned Boss runs like a beast.

redline5.0

Established Member
There was a mix up of what exhaust cams I'm running. My original tune was for the scj cams which are 290 duration cams and that's the tivct tables I was running when I actually have the boss 263 duration cams. Shaun knew it right away when he say my power I put down and he already sent me new tunes with the right cam tables. Will be loading them tonight and will edit posts accordingly if this fixes my issue.

DallasBoss

Established Member
There was a mix up of what exhaust cams I'm running. My original tune was for the scj cams which are 290 duration cams and that's the tivct tables I was running when I actually have the boss 263 duration cams. Shaun knew it right away when he say my power I put down and he already sent me new tunes with the right cam tables. Will be loading them tonight and will edit posts accordingly if this fixes my issue.

Ah ok. I look forward to seeing your results

Rct851

Established Member
Just datalogged my AED base tune and so far I'm impressed. The low speed drivability is soooo much smoother and during the 2500-7200 3rd gear pull it was noticeably smoother through the entire rpm range and felt very strong. Can't wait to see if it improves even more after revisions. Not going to pretend like I can feel which is actually faster without being at a track or have a car to compare it against

Car is simple or/x, 3" oap, kooks muffler, steeda cai. Previously had a bama tune which I wasn't unhappy with but with all the positive AED reviews I wanted to give them a shot.

scott_0

Established Member
Revolution Automotive tune (Adam Browne) couldnt be happier!

redline5.0

Established Member
Revolution Automotive tune (Adam Browne) couldnt be happier!

Again they wont tune it unless in person.

As of right now my current aed tune feels better, pulls stronger I think but I won't know for sure till I can get it to a track or back on the dyno. So I'm still happy with my aed, I have always like the tune I just didn't realize the power had been down for so long and was pissed off when I made my post. I will still continue to recommend aed tunes and will update if I ever get it back on the dyno anytime soon.

Five.Oh

Established Member
I have a BAMA tune, If I am honest.. It has been a bad news experience from the start. I've been through well over 10 tune revisions on just my RACE tune and spent hours data logging. I think like I am getting closer to how I wanted the car to perform but I feel like I shouldn't have had to plead with BAMA to change my tunes. This may not be everyone's feeling with BAMA just displaying the facts.

Car runs on pump (94 oct)

Mods:

Boss IM (not ported)
JLT CAI (PVC)
O/R H pipe (Pypes)
GT500 cans

Peak timing with my race tune was seen at 23 deg and has been increased to 27 deg over the course of "a few" tune revisions, WOT 11.9 - 12.1 A/F all along the way to 7800 rpm bumper. I see a maximum of 47lbs/min of air being pulled in through the MAF at 7600 - 7800 rpm, to display some approx values for everyone. I hope to dyno this summer and compare it to an AED tune.

If anyone would like to see a my last data log to compare it to yours PM me and I will email you the file.

Last edited:

cjd223

Established Member
My '12 A6 is bone stock. I installed the Bama 93 Race tune several months ago. I have had zero problems with it. Drive ability is as good as stock.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I have a BAMA tune, If I am honest.. It has been a bad news experience from the start. I've been through well over 10 tune revisions on just my RACE tune and spent hours data logging. I think like I am getting closer to how I wanted the car to perform but I feel like I shouldn't have had to plead with BAMA to change my tunes. This may not be everyone's feeling with BAMA just displaying the facts.

Car runs on pump (94 oct)

Mods:

Boss IM (not ported)
JLT CAI (PVC)
O/R H pipe (Pypes)
GT500 cans

Peak timing with my race tune was seen at 23 deg and has been increased to 27 deg over the course of "a few" tune revisions, WOT 11.9 - 12.1 A/F all along the way to 7800 rpm bumper. I see a maximum of 47lbs/min of air being pulled in through the MAF at 7600 - 7800 rpm, to display some approx values for everyone. I hope to dyno this summer and compare it to an AED tune.

If anyone would like to see a my last data log to compare it to yours PM me and I will email you the file.

Thanks for posting up. I'm glad that you're pretty happy with how the car performs now, but I'm sorry that it took multiple revisions for Bama to get you there. We've watched the Bama team load their mail-order 5.0L calibrations into literally hundreds of customer, employee and AM-owned Coyote's and saw mid-20's timing, .840-.850 lambda and no issues. Sometimes there's a PCM code and car that needs to be tweaked due to many different variables and no car runs the same, but it sounds like there were way more revisions than necessary.

I'll look into this for you and find out what happened and make sure the Bama team reaches out to check in on this. I grabbed your info from your profile and found you in our system and the Bama team should be reaching out ASAP!

My '12 A6 is bone stock. I installed the Bama 93 Race tune several months ago. I have had zero problems with it. Drive ability is as good as stock.

Glad to hear it! Enjoy and hit us up if there's ever anything that you need. Glad to hear Bama nailed it for you!

Last edited:

Five.Oh

Established Member
Just got off the phone with the right hand man at BAMA, Thanks for looking out.

... But how did BAMA get my phone number... and how did BAMA know I did a track day at VIR!!! BAMA is everywhere...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread