Which tunes are you guys running?

rajiv5oh

Established Member
I'm currently running bama 93 race tune but I've heard that they suck compared to their competitors, I've been debating between lund racing which is kind of expensive but I've heard it's worth it, mpt performance or blow by racing tunes. What do you guys think?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I'm currently running bama 93 race tune but I've heard that they suck compared to their competitors, I've been debating between lund racing which is kind of expensive but I've heard it's worth it, mpt performance or blow by racing tunes. What do you guys think?

Lund is expensive?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
AED here. I've had Kurgan tunes, Barth, Post, etc and I can honestly say my experience with Shaun was great. I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon.

I spent $550 with Shaun and he locked out the entire day for me only and sent me revisions immediately when remote tuning without issue.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com

Hey Raj - Is there something in particular that you're not liking about your current Bama Tune? When was the last time you got a fresh one? Bama has had some significant changes to their staff as well as tunes over the past 6 months and they've been making some really great improvements in driveabiltiy, power, torque and even fuel consumption in some instances (If you're able to keep your foot out of the gas!) If you don't have their most up to date V2 Tunes I'm happy to have you set up with Bama's Lead Calibrator Paul to get you set up and they can datalog with you as well to really dial it in!

Let me know how I can help! I'm happy to work with them to get you set up today if you'd like!

Alex

AKDMB

Established Member
AED here. I've had Kurgan tunes, Barth, Post, etc and I can honestly say my experience with Shaun was great. I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon.

I spent $550 with Shaun and he locked out the entire day for me only and sent me revisions immediately when remote tuning without issue.

Did this price include an SCT Tuner?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Did this price include an SCT Tuner?

Negative, tuner was extra.

There are other options of tuning that are between $350-$450 from Shaun. If you data log over time and send him logs, he will adjust the files and it will be a lot of back and forth. The remote tuning worked for me as I don't have time to wait while my car can't be driven and keep going to a dyno or make pulls on the street and send files. This was much more convenient for me and I decided to pay it.

I don't regret it one bit.

rajiv5oh

Established Member
Hey Raj - Is there something in particular that you're not liking about your current Bama Tune? When was the last time you got a fresh one? Bama has had some significant changes to their staff as well as tunes over the past 6 months and they've been making some really great improvements in driveabiltiy, power, torque and even fuel consumption in some instances (If you're able to keep your foot out of the gas!) If you don't have their most up to date V2 Tunes I'm happy to have you set up with Bama's Lead Calibrator Paul to get you set up and they can datalog with you as well to really dial it in!

Let me know how I can help! I'm happy to work with them to get you set up today if you'd like!

Alex

I got a jlt intake and sct tuner with bama right before Christmas, I was happy with the throttle response but I took it to the track and got the same times I was getting before. I talked to some people and they've told me that going to aed or lund has been the best decision they've ever made. I don't mind working with bama to better my tune, just give me a call 7866196837

redline5.0

Established Member
I got a jlt intake and sct tuner with bama right before Christmas, I was happy with the throttle response but I took it to the track and got the same times I was getting before. I talked to some people and they've told me that going to aed or lund has been the best decision they've ever made. I don't mind working with bama to better my tune, just give me a call 7866196837

Do you have any before and after slips? What was the air like, temps, how well can you row the gears? I personaly run aed now but I'm getting a local dyno tune thursday. Running the same times at the track before and after could be a lot of different things besides just the tune.

Defiant 5.0

Established Member
I'm running a dyno 93 tune by Carolina Chassis Dyno. The shop is located in Lexington, SC and run by a gentleman named Travis Lane. He knows his stuff and he's also a cool dude.

KPatrone

Established Member

You got the IL license plate I wanted. It was available last year or so when I looked, went on last week and noticed not avaiable! Plus you are down the street from me. Maybe Ill do "LOL MPG"

I'm going with lund for my next tune

Justin81

Established Member
If J. Lund ran my Grandmother down in cold blood in front of my house I'd still buy his tune again if I needed it. It wasn't 99%. It was 100.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
You got the IL license plate I wanted. It was available last year or so when I looked, went on last week and noticed not avaiable! Plus you are down the street from me. Maybe Ill do "LOL MPG"

I'm going with lund for my next tune

Haha. I've had this plate for about 3 years running now and a lot of guys comment on how true it is, LOL. You could do LOW MPG, BAD MPG, etc.

Where do you live about?

Curious as to what is leaning you toward Lund? He is a great tuner, one of the best to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread