Which Tranny?

Taylor_SVT

Is that a Phantom nicka?
Established Member
3rd Gear went out in my 01 cobra and im in the market for a new tranny, ive been looking at the TKO 500-600 and the T56. wouldnt be going higher than 500rwhp in the future.. car is mostly stock and has 4.10s
links would be great to compare pricing as well!

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I hear that the TKOs don't like to shift above 7k rpm if that matters to you. Keep in mind that the gear ratios in the T56 are lower than your 5 speed and I'm not just talking about top gear.

Taylor_SVT

Is that a Phantom nicka?
Established Member
i think i still want to keep it a 5 speed. so the TKO isnt all that great? i just need something to be able to handle the power i want to make later on and last while driving it hard from time to time. any links?

CBelleperche

Established Member
I have a TKO 600 face plated transmission, my redline is 7400 rpm. I highly doubt yours needs to be face plated but my engine produces 750 whp... So I would reccoment a TKO!

99MystiC

Established Member
That one caused me to do a double take when I saw who posted it.:rolling:

I know right.

I had a t-56 before with 4.30s. Survived all the racing i did with it but then again i am NA. Doing 75-80 i was at 3k rpms. I guess it all depends on what you want to do with your car.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
There are three major companies, hanlon, promotion, and the t-45 source that do rebuilds on t-45 3650 style trans Do your research because one of the companies has recently had issues where guys are breaking after only a few passes. Obviously avoid that company unless the issues have been fixed or causes identified.

Taylor_SVT

Is that a Phantom nicka?
Established Member
i dont have alot of experience with these transmissions since this is my first time having this problem i just need something that shifts smooth and can handle around 500-600 hp and that will be exactly it. 5 speed is the route im staying i suppose i like the mgw shifter that i have

Brutal Metal

Established Member
i dont have alot of experience with these transmissions since this is my first time having this problem i just need something that shifts smooth and can handle around 500-600 hp and that will be exactly it. 5 speed is the route im staying i suppose i like the mgw shifter that i have

3rd times a charm Hanlon prepped T-45!

Users who are viewing this thread