Which throttle body to put on

paluka21

Established Member
Question which I don't see addressed on here: Has anyone measured the inlet to the supercharger with a set of calipers? I'd also be interested in hearing what the I.D. of the intake tube is. From my experience, keeping the size of the tubing consistent, and matching throttle body size to inlet size can optimize air flow and gains.

rwboring

Established Member
That's true with flow but the difference here is the tb inside diameter is typically smaller not to mention the blade and such that hurt flow...

Posted via Topify on Android

Johnny GT500

Established Member
I had dyno done today after installing ford racing 65mm TB, resonator delete, air raid filter, and tune by Blankenship Tuning and Performance and put down 640rwhp and 680tq. Very pleased with results and am a huge fan of FRPPs.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
It drives me nuts to see a post with "I did these mods AND A TUNE". A tune can add big power by itself. I think to be realistic a car should be tested with a tune ONLY and then throw the mods at it. That will tell you how much the hard parts added separately from the turn.

Tom

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
BPS 73mm TB and plenum here and so far so great. I'm waiting for my new O/R lead pipes to get here before I get back on the dyno, but I'll take a run before ditching the cats to see wha the TB / Plenum swap was worth. I'm coming from the FRPP 65mm and stock Trinity TVS plenum. If the new lead pipes get here tomorrow as I'm hoping, I'll aim for Monday or Tuesday to get some numbers.

Last edited:

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Just tonight I just installed the frpp res delete. Airaid filter and ford 65mm throttle body. No tuner.

I dynod this on my dynojet Dyno

Stock was 579
Frpp and afraid filter was 604
Frpp, airaid, ford 65mm was 633.

Now adding a proper tune would net quite a bit more I'm sure. I just wanted to see how it would perform with simply bolting on the parts.

Only issue is Its a 2013 gt500 convertible and Dyno run in 4 gear will shut me down at 6300 rpm at 155 mph So there may be a few more hiding once the tuner goes on and I can pull to 7000 in 4 gear.

It runs perfect. No issues at all. Air fuel is too rich at 10.5-10.8 with the stock tune. I can tell the torque picked up from 2000-4000 range.

I have a sct x4 tuner and this coming week will be installing
Lethal Off road h
Ati 10% lower
K100852hd belt
JLT carbon cold air
170* thermostat
John Lund tune.

Hoping to see over 700 at the tires.

Thanks for posting!

Johnny GT500

Established Member
You're right, I may have gotten those results with just an aggressive tune. However, I was pleased with what I had done and wanted to mention who did it. Without the tune the TB only netted a twenty hp gain and a little tq. The tune is what made the diff with little mods I've done. Next are LT headers, H pipe, CAI, and an upper pulley swap. Will be curious for the gains now that I have some baseline numbers. Stock was 597 and 634.
It drives me nuts to see a post with "I did these mods AND A TUNE". A tune can add big power by itself. I think to be realistic a car should be tested with a tune ONLY and then throw the mods at it. That will tell you how much the hard parts added separately from the turn.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread