Which spring FRPP "K" or "P" spring

Snake40

Established Member
I have ran both the Ks and the Ps. I like the Ks better.
2012-06-23_21-52-33_617-1.jpg

2012-06-23_21-53-38_248-1.jpg

2012-06-23_21-55-59_105-1.jpg

2012-06-23_21-52-54_282-1.jpg

2012-06-23_21-53-15_209.jpg

Why do you like the Ks better, performance or looks?

Snake40

Established Member
I have the K springs, stock shocks and struts, stock strut mounts, didn't need the camber bolts, with white line upper, bbr billet lowers. No wheel hope, ok traction. Love the stance, the ride is firm bit still smooth, not really bouncy at all. Here are a couple pics.

Nightshoot8_zps29584732.jpg

Vossen15_zps7f02e17f.jpg

Vossen8_zps5b796705.jpg

Wow! that car is perfect:bowdown:

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
i have k springs....best stance..i had the pro kits which are the same of the p springs i believe and boy did i regret that...waste of money look like stock

04nccobra

Established Member
I checked the gap between the top of rear tire to fender lip and it's a bit over 3" a little less in the front. So at this point I don't think that the "P" spring is going to make much of a differance.

Would the H&R Super Sport springs be too much of a drop? Also what else is required when using these springs?

lsxjunkie

Established Member
I installed the P's when my car was new without any other changes. You can get away without a PH bar as there was minimal shift in the rearend.
Initially I liked the ride with the stock struts and shocks but I'm at 15k miles now and the handling has definitely gone away. I just ordered some d-specs this weekend. Based on my experience I would change the struts and shocks.

When you say the handling has gone away, you mean you blew your shocks out with P-Springs?

ViciousJay

Established Member
When you say the handling has gone away, you mean you blew your shocks out with P-Springs?

pretty sure thats what he means, im on stock stuff with 13000 miles and its starting to feel floaty. But honestly i think with or without suspension a car should be realigned every 10-15K due to bumps in the road, bad practice at lifting the vehicle. Sometimes parts begin to space out and its always a good thing to make sure its till in spec or at the best it can be

DWalker

Established Member
Running K springs with stock struts and shocks along with camber bolts and BMR adj. panhard bar, honestly not much stiffer than the stock Brembo springs and I love the stance...

896C4F9C-A9D6-46C3-8035-1FF7B2B7DF38-2213-0000027078263895.jpg

04nccobra

Established Member
Well I pulled the trigger on a set of Hotchkis Sport Coil Springs after reading several very good reviews. I'll also add the Eibach camber bolts, J&M adj.panhard bar, and J&M extreme LCAs. Hopefully this will give me the stance I am wanting and also help with the wheel hop,

Hotchkis Sport Suspension

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Running K springs with stock struts and shocks along with camber bolts and BMR adj. panhard bar, honestly not much stiffer than the stock Brembo springs and I love the stance...

896C4F9C-A9D6-46C3-8035-1FF7B2B7DF38-2213-0000027078263895.jpg

i was wondering this, thnaks! :beer:

wherermykeys

Established Member
K springs here as well. Ride is firmer but I prefer it to the stock ride. I've always liked my cars to ride stiffer. Only time it gets annoying is over railroad tracks. I have to cross two sets on the way to work. This is totally offset by the reduced body roll, brake dive and of course looks :) I don't scrape on anything except the steepest driveways. My camber was still within spec though right on the limit.

5pnt0

Established Member
Good thread. I have k springs going in soon with all supporting mods. Looking forward to it.

Btw, that white gt-cs is outstanding. Very well done.

jdcobra

Established Member
So no issues with k springs and stock struts/shocks? I had the bmr lowering springs and blew my strut seals out in less than 1k miles.

...Mark...

Established Member
Thought you might want to see this to.

My car and my bosses in the back of the warehouse. 11 GT vert w/ K springs and FRPP shocks vs stock suspension on the 13 GT track pack.

25hzg9u.jpg

Last edited:

CobraHuck

Established Member
Thought you might want to see this to.

My car and my bosses in the back of the warehouse. 11 GT vert w/ K springs and FRPP shocks vs stock suspension on the 13 GT track pack.

25hzg9u.jpg

I'm definitely going K springs after seeing this thread. I'll havta keep an eye out next time I'm in Marietta too :beer:

...Mark...

Established Member
I'm definitely going K springs after seeing this thread. I'll havta keep an eye out next time I'm in Marietta too :beer:

I have a friend that's a mechanic and mustang guy. If you need him to do your install let me know. He's on my side of town. He's worked on my and my bosses cars.;-)

CobraHuck

Established Member
I have a friend that's a mechanic and mustang guy. If you need him to do your install let me know. He's on my side of town. He's worked on my and my bosses cars.;-)

I appreciate it man, but I do all my own work. There's quite a few of us in the north metro area, we'll havta do some get togethers once the weather warms up

Users who are viewing this thread