Which spring FRPP "K" or "P" spring

04nccobra

Established Member
Looking to get some advice here.

I am running 19" SVE Drift wheels with 275s all the way around. I'd like to lower the car a bit but I am unsure if I would have a problem with rubbing. Thinking about the FRPP line of springs.

87hatchy

Established Member
get the K springs....The P springs barely drop your car and you'll probably be disappointed with them and wish you were lower. No rubbing issues with the K springs, you'll be fine

Colt .45

Established Member
I have the P springs and I like them a lot.
It dropped my car .5" in the front and 1" in the rear. I would have gone lower (K springs) but I did not want the harsh ride of them and I hate scrapping on everything. People on a Boss forum that I am a part of actually take their Boss to the track and the majority of them use P springs.
My car with P springs and supporting mods.
IMG_2078.gif

acrbill

Established Member
K springs look the best but they were really rough. Not sure it if was my stock struts or what. After I traded my 2011 for an auto I put Sportlines on it and the ride is much better than the K springs with a slightly lower drop.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I researched the hell out of springs before I went with the H&R Super Sports....Second on my list was the K Springs. To be honest, I think the K's are the perfect drop...I just wanted a tad more. :beer:

04nccobra

Established Member
It dropped my car .5" in the front and 1" in the rear. I would have gone lower (K springs) but I did not want the harsh ride of them and I hate scrapping on everything. People on a Boss forum that I am a part of actually take their Boss to the track and the majority of them use P springs.
IMG_2078.gif

Exactly the stance I am looking for. Did these springs have any effect on the driving? Ex: wheel hop, harshness? I'm planning on a set of LCAs at the same time as I have been struggling with some hop issues.

gatty1303

Established Member
Go with k springs. I have the exact setup you are trying to run. I love mine. Search my post history for pics of my car to get an idea.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_2078.gif

Car looks sharp!

Another vote for P springs. I had Steeda Sports, IMO this is a better compromise all around in terms of suspension geometry, comfort, ground clearance, etc. I think the stance looks better as well but this is entirely subjective of course.

Last edited:

yeager

Established Member
i have the p springs. the car rides just as good as stock and handles even better. my car has no wheel hop and all i have are bmr lca brackets. with bolt ons my car cuts 1.60 60's. so all around im very happy with the springs.

Colt .45

Established Member
Exactly the stance I am looking for. Did these springs have any effect on the driving? Ex: wheel hop, harshness? I'm planning on a set of LCAs at the same time as I have been struggling with some hop issues.

These springs did several things that the factory suspension couldnt provide.
With this setup I noticed a lot less brake dive, body roll and they got rid of the 4x4 look all while maintaing a stock ride. I dont know how it will be on stock GT shocks, but the Boss factory shocks work great.

I went with all Ford Racing components when I installed the springs.
Ford Racing P Springs
Ford Racing Jounce Bumpers
Ford Racing Adjustable Panhard Bar
Ford Racing Lower Control Arms (R1)
Ford Racing Lower Control Arm relocation brackets
Eibach Camber bolts.

busarich

Established Member
Oh yeah i have BMR adj panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BMR relocation brackets, BMR adj upper control arm and mount, ford shocks and struts, gt 500 top hats.

Ratchet

Established Member
I have the K springs, stock shocks and struts, stock strut mounts, didn't need the camber bolts, with white line upper, bbr billet lowers. No wheel hope, ok traction. Love the stance, the ride is firm bit still smooth, not really bouncy at all. Here are a couple pics.

Nightshoot8_zps29584732.jpg

Vossen15_zps7f02e17f.jpg

Vossen8_zps5b796705.jpg

Last edited:

04nccobra

Established Member
How will the P- springs be with an otherwise stock suspension, I'd rather not have to upgrade shocks, struts, & panhard bar. Just thinking springs and LCAs.

cold12pk

Established Member
How will the P- springs be with an otherwise stock suspension, I'd rather not have to upgrade shocks, struts, & panhard bar. Just thinking springs and LCAs.

I installed the P's when my car was new without any other changes. You can get away without a PH bar as there was minimal shift in the rearend.
Initially I liked the ride with the stock struts and shocks but I'm at 15k miles now and the handling has definitely gone away. I just ordered some d-specs this weekend. Based on my experience I would change the struts and shocks.

04nccobra

Established Member
I installed the P's when my car was new without any other changes. You can get away without a PH bar as there was minimal shift in the rearend.
Initially I liked the ride with the stock struts and shocks but I'm at 15k miles now and the handling has definitely gone away. I just ordered some d-specs this weekend. Based on my experience I would change the struts and shocks.

Thanks for the info I was afraid that there would be more involved than just the springs. I'll have to wait a bit to save up $$$ for the other items, they are just not in the budget now.

Users who are viewing this thread