which shifter should i get or recommendations

BamaCobra

Established Member
Just put a MGW in my '01 Cobra, huge difference over stock. I can't compare it to others, but it is nice.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Tri-Ax here too and I'm very happy with it, I had two slightlly used for T-45's and the one currently installed feels great, the other one was a bit notchy

01BlueCobraVert

Established Member
I had a pro 5.0 in my 97 gt and loved it. I got a Mgw in the cobra and i am not impressed. I have missed second mire then once. All other gears are fine. I never miss gears and I never missed one with the stock shifter. I have no bump stops either. I don't get it but second has been a bitch gear for me...

01rowlandcobra

Established Member
i had a steeda in my 01gt and it was good but i had the mgw in my 04 mach and it was good to but im probably going with the mgw again idk y i just liked it better and has anyone here used the roush with the steeda that on american muscle

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ Doesnt matter, you wont see it. lol Might as well get orange, it looks cool.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I went from a Tri-Ax to a Pro 5.0 to a MGW and the others are not even in the same league as the MGW imo..it's an amazing piece.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I had a pro 5.0 in my 97 gt and loved it. I got a Mgw in the cobra and i am not impressed. I have missed second mire then once. All other gears are fine. I never miss gears and I never missed one with the stock shifter. I have no bump stops either. I don't get it but second has been a bitch gear for me...

Sounds more like it's your trans/synco problem in higher RPMs than the shifter. I don't see why you would miss second.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
The silver handle is shorter then the orange handle. It's supposed to shorten the throws more then the orange handle.

I had no idea. lol Why would they do that and not just make it adjustable?

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
I have had both and preferred the mgw. The steeda is fun for awhile and felt more 'raw' to me if that makes sense. But for a daily driver I preferred the adjustability and smoothness of the mgw.

Users who are viewing this thread