Which one for my first?????

07stuntin6r

Established Member
So I’ve had a 95 Gt cobra clone, 01 Gt, 92 gt and after trying to find a clean Gt I’m just going to get a SN95 cobra. Right now I have two that I’m interested in. The grey one was originally mystic, but owner stated it had a dented door and repainted whole car (everything was removed bumpers etc m) DuPont grey. Was purchased from insurance (rebuilt title) not sure how that works but he says it has a straight frame and runs great.

The second one has a rebuilt motor with about 50k miles and needs paint. Has Manley h beam rods and pistons and was retuned over a month ago and out down 310rwhp and 302tq...has no dyno sheet.

Below are the Craigslist ads. Let me know what you all think as the experts!

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-mustang-cobra-4-valve-5/6353016141.html

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/6375308406.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07stuntin6r

Established Member
Okay, forgot to mention I’m not looking for one in mint condition. Showing it’s age is fine

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't buy someone's p.o.s.
Wait until the right car comes along. Have you looked in the classifieds?

Recon

Established Member
Don't buy a Pos. Last thing you need is someone else's headache. Took me 2 years of searching to find my Mach 1.
The good deals for nice cars are out there. You just have to be patient and find the right one. Just don't try to buy every one you see. That could lead to some problems.
Another place to look is eBay. I've bought several cars off eBay and got some pretty good deals.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First one has a rebuilt title and the Mystic paint was covered with gray. NO! Pass big time on that one.

Second one likely needs paint and with all those mods it was likely driven hard. Unless I was very mechanical and could do any maintenance myself, I wouldn't trust that it doesn't have issues. At the very least I'd want the engine to be thoroughly checked.

I agree that you'd probably be better off with an additional $3K or so to get a much cleaner Cobra. JMO.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
It took me over a year to find a clean enough bonestock SN95 Cobra in my area....and I bought my 98 back in 2004.
Patience is the best advice I can give you.
Get your post count up, and check the classifieds here on SVTP. You will see that for about $8k you can get a pretty damn nice SN95 Cobra. Far better than the 2 you posted.

07stuntin6r

Established Member
First one has a rebuilt title and the Mystic paint was covered with gray. NO! Pass big time on that one.

Second one likely needs paint and with all those mods it was likely driven hard. Unless I was very mechanical and could do any maintenance myself, I wouldn't trust that it doesn't have issues. At the very least I'd want the engine to be thoroughly checked.

I agree that you'd probably be better off with an additional $3K or so to get a much cleaner Cobra. JMO.

Yeah the paint would be nice if it was kept mystic, but what he says is true in that it is expensive to buy just the paint itself.

07stuntin6r

Established Member
Doesn’t help my ex ****WIFES****husband had a 99-02 Cobra when I picked up my daughter. Still not sure if I like the new edge or the sn style. IRS a better setup commuting? Heard it is and it’s doesn’t cause wheel hop. To be honest I want to slowly build whatever I get. Not gonna let the fiancé in on that secret tho.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Doesn’t help my ex ****WIFES****husband had a 99-02 Cobra when I picked up my daughter. Still not sure if I like the new edge or the sn style. IRS a better setup commuting? Heard it is and it’s doesn’t cause wheel hop. To be honest I want to slowly build whatever I get. Not gonna let the fiancé in on that secret tho.

Get that post count up so you can view the classifieds and let's get this show on the road!
There's a 98 in there with a supercharger, Terminator seats, kooks headers etc. $7500
Go wander around in the Roadside Pub, or Smackdown.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Users who are viewing this thread