Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Roush Stage 3

Votes: 9 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
Terminator. If I want a lame ass body kit ill buy one from O'Reilly's and etch J-Hem in it to make it a One of One..

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Saleen extreme. Those things are just a pulley swap and tune away from 500rwhp. Or so ive read.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cobra, by far! I would prefer to use the money saved and mod it my way. Besides, IMO the Terminator has such an awesome appearance with a lowered stance and nice set of wheels. I'm not into excessive exterior mods. So I'd put the money into the suspension and the motor. :)

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Saleens looks like rice rockets.
Roush looks like ass.

Terminator is heaven.

That's the answer ;)

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
For me personally, it would depend on what I would want it for and plans for it.

Stock, daily driver: Roush Stage 3
Modified, daily driver or weekend warrior: 03/04 Cobra
Stock, show car and garage queen: Saleen S281-E

Stock to stock to stock, the Saleen is the faster of the three. The Saleen and Roush are pretty much tied in the handling and braking department... but the Roush isn't as powerful as the Saleen or Cobra. The Cobra has the most potential for cheaper power. Which one looks best is subjective to personal tastes.

That is assuming all three are stock. With money, any of them can be powerful. It will take less money to make the Cobra insanely powerful, but the Roush and Saleen can be made just as powerful for a little more money. Likewise, it will take money to make the Cobra handle or brake like the Saleen or Roush.

You could have the best of two, and get a Saleen Cobra or Roush Cobra. Both Saleen and Roush converted a very limited number of Cobras to their respective models.

When everything is said and done, they are all Mustangs, and any benefit one has over the other is minor, because all their parts are pretty much interchangeable. (Or have an aftermarket equivalent)

-The Cobra has 4v heads. You can drop a 4v motor in to a Saleen or Roush.
-The Cobra has independent rear suspension. You can put independent rear on the Saleen or Roush.
-The Cobra and Saleen have forged motors. You can get a forged shortblock for a Roush
-The Cobra and Saleen have 6-speed transmissions... you can put a 6-speed in the Roush.
-The Saleen and Roush have upgraded suspensions and wheels. Similar or better setups can be purchased and put on a Cobra.
-The Saleen and Roush have 14" front brakes. You can put 14" brakes on the Cobra.
-The Saleen and Roush have 2.5" performance catback exhaust with Magnaflow/Spintech/Borla mufflers. (Depending on model and year) You can buy a 2.5" or bigger catback for the Cobra.
-The Saleen has Recaros. You can put Recaro seats in the Roush and Cobra.
-The Saleen has a 2.3L twin screw. You can put a 2.3L or bigger twin screw on the Roush and Cobra.

and the list goes on.

One thing that money cannot buy for the others, is rarity. The Saleen S281-E is far and away the most rare. Followed by the Roush Stage 3, and the Cobra being the most common among the three.

Pretty much sums it up

I've always loved the extreme since the F&F 2 movie came out. I bought the movie just to hear the blower whine. But I would go for the cobra since either would be my DD. It wouldn't attract so much unwanted attention as the extreme. If it was a garaged weekend car then extreme.

The car in 2F2F is just a regular S/C S281. Not an E car. Still awesome none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Odd question to ask on an SVT enthusiast forum, obviously we're all going to pick the 03-04 SVT Cobra.

I liked the side exhaust of the Roushes, when I was a teenager. The Saleens look good, especially if you can find one of the special colors (i.e. Extreme Rainbow), though I still feel that Saleen wasn't quite to the quality of SVT. The Terminator is, IMO, the best looking, handling, and performing performance "Mustang" (I say Mustang because we are comparing the platform) for the price. And it's factory Ford, so it should hold its value for some time.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I completely agree with you regarding run of the mill S-281's & S-281SC's with that tiny M90 blower.... but come on, if you think an S-281E has laughable mods you're crazy. Forged internals, Lysholm twin screw blower, Recaro seats, damn good suspension (the Blistein N2 shocks/struts are very desireable), big Alcoa? brakes, 6-speed... hell I can't remember for sure, but the heads MAY have been ported too?

An Extreme is definitely not just a Mustang with a body kit & suspension.

That's great and all, but they're still heinous. I'd rather not look like I'm driving something straight off the set of The Fast & The Furious. :nonono:

TMIProducts

Established Member
Odd question to ask on an SVT enthusiast forum, obviously we're all going to pick the 03-04 SVT Cobra.

I liked the side exhaust of the Roushes, when I was a teenager. The Saleens look good, especially if you can find one of the special colors (i.e. Extreme Rainbow), though I still feel that Saleen wasn't quite to the quality of SVT. The Terminator is, IMO, the best looking, handling, and performing performance "Mustang" (I say Mustang because we are comparing the platform) for the price. And it's factory Ford, so it should hold its value for some time.

Just a quick question. Why put Mustang in parenthesis, and specify you are talking about a mustang?

It seems you are somehow thinking that any of us wouldn't think a terminator isn't a mustang......unless you're one of those that think an SRT-4 isn't a neon...

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I think Saleens are some of the best engineered vehicles you can get depending on which model you get, the most premium one will always hold value, look amazing, and have the power potential to out do a terminator. I voted terminator because thats my favorite svt, but I would gladly have both in the garage. You can tell I am saleen fan by my sig, but whoever says saleens look like rice is an idiot. If you put a saleen extreme, and terminator parked next to each other, the saleen will win it just by looks alone, it is more aesthetically pleasing to eye. I know for fact just putting a saleen hood on my car it got 3x more looks lol.

Some svt guys wont know this but most S351E's are a supercharged 351 windsor engine that they virtually unchanged until the s197 bodystyle, that engine was even in the new edges, but I think the classic sn95 pulls it off a tiny bit better my 2 cents, and it made close 500hp crank iirc.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
just a quick question. Why put mustang in parenthesis, and specify you are talking about a mustang?

It seems you are somehow thinking that any of us wouldn't think a terminator isn't a mustang......unless you're one of those that think an srt-4 isn't a neon...

ikr..

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I don't remember thinking the Saleen or the Roush looked great 10 years ago. But one thing is for sure, 10 years later the only one that still looks cool to me is the Terminator.

Jroc

Established Member
I would take a 2013 Boss 302 LS.

Of the cars listed I would take a Terminator unless maybe your talking about a S197 Extreme, and even then that's still a big maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread