• Saleen Extrerme

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Roush Stage 3

Votes: 9 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I know this is an SVT forum but we are all car guys and gals no?

Lets the leave the bias out for this one.

Which New Edge stang would you want in your garage?

Assume same price, Same miles and same colors!

Saleen Extreme

Roush Stage 3

2003/2004 Cobra

Which would you want and why?

Mulldune

Established Member
Cobra no doubt,Ive never really cared too much for the Roush,or the Saleen body kits

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
A S281E for the same price as an 03/04 with the same miles? I think I'll pass and take the imaginary Enzo for $30k.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
A S281E for the same price as an 03/04 with the same miles? I think I'll pass and take the imaginary Enzo for $30k.

This. Can't believe you found an Enzo for $30k though! I've been looking for the last 10 years.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Cobra.

Saleen and Roush kits are too ricer-ish for me, and I'd rather have the forged 4v that is ready to make 700whp no problem.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
If both are the same amount of money I'd take the S182E. I know mechanically it's inferior to the Cobra because of the 2V heads compared to the 4V heads and we could debate the Cobra IRS all day. Nowadays, I prefer the Saleen S281E due to it's uniqueness.

Now that I've been in this hobby a while, I look at cars that are 10+ years old a bit different than I looked at those cars when they were new. Now, I appreciate the fact that you don't see many S281E's at all. I appreciate the uniqueness of the Lysholm blower on top of the forged motor. It's been proven that 2V heads can make more power than anybody wants/needs anymore. The E's come with 6-speeds as well, right?

Maybe I'm getting a bit older, so that I don't just look at the mechanics of a car just for it's sheer capability to shred up the street. I know lately when I'm at the big Mustang Week Car Show every year, I see Cobra with a Whipple/KB, Cobra with a Whipple/KB, Cobra with a Whipple/KB, Cobra with a Whipple/KB, then I see a Saleen S281-E and I'm like "WOW, I really like this car!"

What I NEVER appreciated about an S281-E was it's price. Now, while I understand those cars were hand built by a small group of employees, I still think the price was/is a bit much. But if they are all the same price, S281-E ALL DAY for me.

MysticRob

Established Member
Cobra.

Saleen and Roush kits are too ricer-ish for me, and I'd rather have the forged 4v that is ready to make 700whp no problem.

Gospel here. The front and rear of the Roush is just incongruous, and I don't like side exhaust due to noise.

The Saleen front and rear isn't as bad as the Roush, but they are both too busy looking. Too many holes, cut-outs, and louvers for my taste.

Terminator has no bad lines on it IMO. :beer:

As for the mechanicals, suspension, etc, they're all easily modded so doesn't concern me as much.

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
I picked the saleen extreme. I know it isn't as fast as the terminator, but it should handle better. I love the way saleens look.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I know this is an SVT forum but we are all car guys and gals no?

Lets the leave the bias out for this one.

Which New Edge stang would you want in your garage?

Assume same price, Same miles and same colors!

Saleen Extreme

Roush Stage 3

2003/2004 Cobra

Which would you want and why?

Saleen=you want looks
Roush=you want a name
03/04=you want some raw muscle

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
This. Can't believe you found an Enzo for $30k though! I've been looking for the last 10 years.

The owner is a member on here and like the other simpletons of this site, he bought into the idea that if it doesn't have a Cobra on the fender it's worthless, so he sold it to me.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
Now I would never get rid of the cobra for it, but a comp o saleen s281E vert has always had a soft spot for me. Or that crazy beryllium color. Love the rarity there. BUT, I'd have to be allowed to keep the cobra. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread