Which jlt cai do I buy?

ToddEdge

Established Member
Personally, I'd get the one with the filter in the motor compartment. On my last and current cobra, I have the on that goes through the fender. It is a PITA to change/check the filter and I've had a few times where i hit a puddle and it clogged the filter.

Todd

AdamSVT

Established Member
Personally, I'd get the one with the filter in the motor compartment. On my last and current cobra, I have the on that goes through the fender. It is a PITA to change/check the filter and I've had a few times where i hit a puddle and it clogged the filter.

Todd
Hmmm this is a good point thanks. I may go with rai now.

saleen02

Established Member

Todd

^^ This...similar issues with mine...will be changing it out before spring time.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I'm makeing pretty good power with the RAI kit :D

2012-10-06121402.jpg

AdamSVT

Established Member
if you want the most power and coolest temps go with the gen2 high boost.

Thanks!! I've been hearing the high boost is the way to go.

^^ This...similar issues with mine...will be changing it out before spring time.

Yeah, I do worry about the filter in the fender well but here in Arizona rain is virtually non-existant but still an issue....
I'm makeing pretty good power with the RAI kit :D

2012-10-06121402.jpg

Beautiful engine bay :rockon:. And yes you do make great power with that RAI kit. hmmm decisions decisions.

reldla1996

Established Member
I went with the 12" high boost to get the integral 105mm MA housing, though it did force you to buy a new MA sensor. I've driven it daily this year in Ohio, and had no issues with water so far....

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
Yea if you daily drive it in the rain go with the RAI....I have the carbon fiber cold air and i got cought in the rain a couple of days ago, and i had to go 25mph on a 45 zone lol was really scared.....

SVT Pille

Established Member
I'd the RAI with the filter in the engine bay. It is unlikely that you'll ever hydrolock your car with a filter in the fender well, but for me peace of mind is worth more than the 5-10 hp left on the table.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
You will never hydrolock the car with any filter like that unless the car is submerged in water.

When I had a vette people said the Vararam would do this too but never one report ever occurred VR-B2.

1loudmouthpony

Established Member
High Boost CAI is what I would go for.

see my sign... I was the test platform. Jay (i.e. JLT owner) was even impressed by its results!

Good Luck :beer:

JLT 03-04 Cobra NEXTGEN Cold Air Intake Kit - JLT - Induction Kits - Induction - 03-04 SVT Cobra

apparently there were numerous complaints about fitment and iat connectors rubbing the valve covers? some even had to cut the intake tube for better fitment. any issues with yours? im undecided on the rai or cai, but after reading the issues on the cai ill probably get the ram air

cobra=trouble

Established Member

Todd
you shouldn't be driving a cobra in the rain. Peroid.
I got the Gen 2 high boost one. Yu don't want under the Hood temps going intothe intake. Get the in the fender one.I had a kn fipk one on my last motor. Hope this helps

AdamSVT

Established Member
Thanks for everyones help!!

you shouldn't be driving a cobra in the rain. Peroid.
I got the Gen 2 high boost one. Yu don't want under the Hood temps going intothe intake. Get the in the fender one.I had a kn fipk one on my last motor. Hope this helps

Yes, I agree. Plus it hardly ever rains here in Arizona so I don't have to worry about it getting wet at all :banana:

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Why cant you drive one in the rain, I drive mine all the time in the rain. Are you one of them purists that tell people what weather they should be driving THEIR car in?

It is a car, nothing more!

Users who are viewing this thread