Which hood should i buy???

99RedSVT

Established Member
Ok here are my choices which one do u guys think i should get???

Here is a pic of the truck now..
12904.jpg

I sorda wanna go with this hood right here.
f4_1.jpg

Or this one
cevinishood.jpg

BOTLFED98

Established Member
personally i don't care for the dual nostrils aka storman norman or whatever u want to call it, they were cool on foxes back in like '91.....

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
dang, that was harsh!^
i kinda like the first one. but i would love to have one that looked like a cobra rr.

lightning89mg

Established Member
save up and get the shaker! Its functional and it looks Fuggin AWESOME!!! Got to Lightning force performance, they have the best price, $750 w/o shipping. Expensive, but I think worth it!

99RedSVT

Established Member
Ya i havent seen a Lightning with the hood on the black one so i think im going with truck number 1

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Wait for different hoods to come out.
All the aftermarket hoods right now are REALLY heavy.
Wait for one that is lighter. Thats what I am doing.:)

99RedSVT

Established Member
YA but the one on the black on it all fiber glass.It not real heavy alot lighter then the stock hood ..

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Originally posted by 99RedSVT
YA but the one on the black on it all fiber glass.It not real heavy alot lighter then the stock hood ..
Ohhh ok. I didn't know about the black hood being fiber.
I know the Cervini's weighs a lot more than the stock hood. From what i've heard though the last couple "hood" posts, the Cervini's one weighs 40 pounds!! The stock hood only weighs 20.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I know of no aftermarket hood is lighter than the stock one. The stock hood is just a thin sheet of Aluminum. I say get the shaker.

BillArf

Established Member
Originally posted by Slider
Wait for different hoods to come out.
All the aftermarket hoods right now are REALLY heavy.
Wait for one that is lighter. Thats what I am doing.:)

Waiting for a new hood offering/design makes very little sense.. Our L and that stock hood has been out for a number of years now. The newer generation of L will undoubtedly have a whole new/ differently shaped hood. Manufacturers of hoods will soon be gearing up with replacement hood offerings for the new generation L's (F150's)and will not waste effort, time or money on coming up with hoods for older L's. Sure, you may get another one or two but don't expect a whole slew of new hood offering for current L's. Presently, there are about 35+- different aftermaket hoods to chose from.. Hmmmm, I am having a hard time making a selection also.. Hey want to see pics of pretty much every hood go here. --> http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=3091

Last edited:

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Originally posted by BillArf
Waiting for a new hood offering/design makes very little sense.. Our L and that stock hood has been out for a number of years now. The newer generation of L will undoubtedly have a whole new/ differently shaped hood. Manufacturers of hoods will soon be gearing up with replacement hood offerings for the new generation L's (F150's)and will not waste effort, time or money on coming up with hoods for older L's. Sure, you may get another one or two but don't expect a whole slew of new hood offering for current L's. Presently, there are about 35+- different aftermaket hoods to chose from.. Hmmmm, I am having a hard time making a selection also.. Hey want to see pics of pretty much every hood go here. --> http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=3091

Thanks for the link. I didn't think that there were that many hoods available.

BillArf

Established Member
Originally posted by Slider
Thanks for the link. I didn't think that there were that many hoods available.

I'm sure there are a couple more that are not listed there but that is most of them.. I can't find one I really like. I would prefer to go with metal versus fiberglass but there is an even smaller selection of metal hoods.. 8-(

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Originally posted by BillArf
Here is the reflexxion Cowl hood (metal) on a Harley truck being sold on eBAY. Will give you an idea how the hood looks..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ndexURL=1&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Another view.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ndexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

I like that one!:coolman: I didn't lke the one off of F150online galleries. It had that little grove in the middle.

But I love the one on ebay!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread