which hood is better?!

baller1svtcobra

Established Member
Me personally I love my 03/04 Hood and it looks amazing with our front bumpers. The gap isn't as bad as everyone plays it out to be. I never notice it and others don't either because they don't know what they are looking for. 03/04 Hood gets my vote.

Clean_zps5412d557.jpg

where did u get ur hood from? looks pretty freakin awesome man... were hood pins necessary?

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
where did u get ur hood from? looks pretty freakin awesome man... were hood pins necessary?

Thanks man and I found it on Craigslist for $350 close to home. It was a steal on a new hood and it is a 04 Hood, still has the stickers on it and all (emissions and what not) It is a stock part so hood pins are NOT needed unless you want them.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Out of all three hoods the cowl hood is the least functional of them all on a fuel injected car.

I realize putting a new hood on a car is mostly for looks but this thread is about which hood is better and no hood gets a free pass.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
Me personally I love my 03/04 Hood and it looks amazing with our front bumpers. The gap isn't as bad as everyone plays it out to be. I never notice it and others don't either because they don't know what they are looking for. 03/04 Hood gets my vote.

Clean_zps5412d557.jpg

Bought my car with a real '03 cobra hood

Sold it, and bought the cerivinis. It bugged me.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
Yeah, sure, it's such crap to suggest a hood that is vented right above the hot engine is going to do such a poor job of being functional.

Put your hand on your intake.

Now put your hand on your radiator.

Let us know which hurts the most, and you'll quickly see which area of the engine bay is best to vent.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Put your hand on your intake.

Now put your hand on your radiator.

Let us know which hurts the most, and you'll quickly see which area of the engine bay is best to vent.

You mean that nice hot supercharger up there?

That clears it up.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Meh, its like trying to explain to a civic owner that the wing on the back of the car hurts the performance of his fwd car.

They look at you with their fast and furious stare and then proceed to spew bullshit to tell you how it does work.

Its momentarily entertaining but I have better things to do.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
can't go wrong with a 3" cowl hood either (heat extracted out the rear).
fb39f1d8-fb5d-42cd-a91a-2c34fd1892b9_zpsdc8defaa.jpg

It doesnt matter where he purchased the hood, its his bass ackwards thoughts and shitty disposition after he was corrected that are the main points of this discussion

Hood pins suck. Despite being just a mustang, put something on the car that camaro joe down the street has never seen before.

dorkian009.jpg

this^
and really like this car.....well done :beer:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
For the question asked, "which hood is better?" You definitely got your moneys worth!! :beer:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Actually, air is pushed in at the cowl area. That's why they're called cowl INDUCTION hoods.

The cowl is a high pressure area, no air comes out, only in. Look where nascar has the intake for the carb ducted from...theres a reason for this.

EDIT: Reading my comment it almost sounds like I'm arguing with you, but I'm in support of your comment...time for bed haha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread