which hood is better?!

baller1svtcobra

Established Member
im digging the 03/04 cobra hood more than the cobra r... anyone knows where they sell them without the hood pins being necessary? i personally think hood pins look like crap

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Listen man, you post crap info on this thread, you're corrected, then you attack the rebuttal with ignorant sarcasm, chill out.

Yeah, sure, it's such crap to suggest a hood that is vented right above the hot engine is going to do such a poor job of being functional. Glad I didn't waste my money on the Tiger Racing or Griggs hood.

MrSteve

Established Member
The '00R hood can be a REAL heat extracting hood. The Terminator hood vents are too far forward to let enough heat out. Thumbs up for the H.O. Fibertrends hood - it's the one FRPP sells - got mine for $375.

Had my vents opened up to really let the heat out. Will be painted and mounted shortly.

333_zpsbc188a74.jpg

I like this. I will probably just go with a cowl hood though.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Yeah, sure, it's such crap to suggest a hood that is vented right above the hot engine is going to do such a poor job of being functional. Glad I didn't waste my money on the Tiger Racing or Griggs hood.

Did you really just compare your 00R knock off to a tiger racing hood? I'm done debating with you lol.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member

Yeah I had to quote this one for hilarity.

The venting on the '00 R hood does little to nothing to cool a hot engine. Is there a radiator on top of your engine? No.

There is a radiator at the front of the car. By venting the hood above and behind the radiator, more air can pass through the radiator and further cool the engine. Thats how it works, your vented '00 R hood may let out radiant heat off the engine but that is not what the engine depends on to cool itself. The '00 R hood vents are also too small and located too far back to effectively vent the radiator.

The low pressure differential is at its greatest towards the front of the hood as you go further back the pressure above the hood gradually increases. If the pressure above the hood is greater than below then air will seek the lower pressure area and air will be forced underneath the hood. Thats not going to let anything out and will instead force air underneath the hood which will induce front end lift at speed.

Now quit showing your ass with stupid ricer-esque comments like the above.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Did you really just compare your 00R knock off to a tiger racing hood? I'm done debating with you lol.

His R hood isn't a knock off. It's the same one I have and we both bought it from the company that made it for all the 00 cobra R's. Ford got them all from HO Fibertrends. He went right to the manufacturer for it.

Don't let hood pins deter you from a hood. If you get a nice set, like the one FRPP sells it will look good on the car. The sell a nice stainless steel set with a 5/8" stud I think. It's much better than the cheap chrome sets you get at autozone. It also comes with the wires if you want to hook those up to the pins.

I like them is some cases. Let's face it the real reason is to keep your hood from coming up on you. Sometimes a safety piece can't be made to appease the fanboys, it actually has to be functional.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
It doesnt matter where he purchased the hood, its his bass ackwards thoughts and shitty disposition after he was corrected that are the main points of this discussion

Hood pins suck. Despite being just a mustang, put something on the car that camaro joe down the street has never seen before.

dorkian009.jpg

Last edited:

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
To some it's not a big deal, but there's about a 3/4-1" gap between the hood and the (99-04 GT and 99/01 bumper on the insides of the headlight, where the ends go up to the hood, on both sides of the open grille.

2460-1068938043.jpg

CobraHoodSkiDad62April2009014.jpg

CobraHoodSkiDad62April2009012.jpg

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
It lines up because it's not an OEM 03/04 hood. It's a cervinis lift off hood. They made their 03/04 hood to match up with the stock 99/01 style bumpers.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
It doesnt matter where he purchased the hood, its his bass ackwards thoughts and shitty disposition after he was corrected that are the main points of this discussion

Hood pins suck. Despite being just a mustang, put something on the car that camaro joe down the street has never seen before.

dorkian009.jpg
Is your hose reel a cobra rim? If so that's pretty awesome. :rockon:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Me personally I love my 03/04 Hood and it looks amazing with our front bumpers. The gap isn't as bad as everyone plays it out to be. I never notice it and others don't either because they don't know what they are looking for. 03/04 Hood gets my vote.

Clean_zps5412d557.jpg

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Is your hose reel a cobra rim? If so that's pretty awesome. :rockon:

Good eye. Yup my hose reel is one of the stock polished 17x8 wheels that was on my 99 cobra when I bought it. I sold them to a local kid to put on his POS 96 GT, he totaled the car a few weeks later. Out of the four this was the only one that wasnt hammered so I bought it back from him and made it into a hose reel.

I used an old hub and I need to paint an old rotor silver and put in behind it.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Good eye. Yup my hose reel is one of the stock polished 17x8 wheels that was on my 99 cobra when I bought it. I sold them to a local kid to put on his POS 96 GT, he totaled the car a few weeks later. Out of the four this was the only one that wasnt hammered so I bought it back from him and made it into a hose reel.

I have in in the basement. I am SO doing that this summer.

RX1Cobra

Established Member

Nice!
I have in in the basement. I am SO doing that this summer.
Me too! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread