Which Cobra would you get?

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
There are a few good deals I found and I am having trouble deciding. There are 3 termis that all have their on pros and cons.. which one woudl you get??

1.)03 Redfire Vert...38k miles...$16,500
These are the modifications done to the car 3.0 upper pulley,mac cat back,SCT BA2800 mas air meter,H&R race springs,26spline input shaft,brand new spec 3 clutch and the complete delrin IRS busing kit along with an IRS brace
BUT
The car has a nice scratch on the back bumper and a couple of little cracks on the lower front bumper,other then that,the car is in excellent condition in and out

2.) A SB Coupe...45k miles...17,500 with ghost flames 2.76 pulley stock lower pulley, BBK CAI, Flowmaster Catback exhaust, Acufab single blade, polished inlet.and 4 Brand new tires
BUT
The car needed a headgasket and had the tick, but apparanetly there are new 04 heads on the car, and everything is taken care of.

3.) A Torch Red Coupe. 30k miles...$18,500

Kooks 1-3/4” SS Long Tubes W/ 3” Collectors
KOOKS OFF ROAD X PIPE
FLOWMASTER CATBACK
FORD Racing Stage 8 Header Bolts
Billetflow Snub Idler
Metco Idlers
Billetflow 2.76” Blower Pulley
Stiegemeirer Stage V Ported blower
Welded & ported Accufab Plenum
Accufab Single Blade Throttle Body
SCT BA 3000 MAF
K&N Gen II FIPK
Siemens Deka USCAR 63lb/h Injectors
Kenne bell Boost a Pump
Moroso Coolant Tank
ARP Head Studs
SCT X-CAL
SCT TUNED 504 RWHP, 495RWTQ ON A MUSTANG DYNO

BUT
Its the most expensive..

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
#3. Not the best color but it has the lowest miles, it's a coupe, and it's ready for a twin screw.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I would pick either #2 or #3 but would rather have #3. Wow I didnt know they were that cheap now, thats how much my Cobra was 3 years ago (bought it for 18,500)

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
These cars are going for cheap now, but these are the best 3 deals I have found after months of searching.

I agree number three is the best car but is it the best deal..idk

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I agree number three is the best car but is it the best deal..idk
It 's by far the best deal. It's $2K more than the cheapest one. Those headers & X-pipe are damn near $2K, not to mention the Steggy blower & all the rest of that stuff. No brainer.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
probably 3, depends alot on if you have a color preference. 2 would be nice if they had paperwork to show it was fixed right

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Damn these things are going for cheap now. I'd go with number 3 as well.

This is the time when the east coast hides their time machines. Poor guys...

From October until March is the best time to buy a muscle car.
Sellers who need to sell for unknown reasons are easy bait for a good deal.
If I was a seller it would be in the summer months.
Also, living in California, you don't need to worry about, Flintstone floor boards."
No wonder there are so many California haters. They mask it by saying Pelosi is a bitch.
And?
So what, so is my first wife. She was born in Chicago.
Jeff

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
is number 1 in NY

and number 2 in the market right now for 21.5, you're a hell of a negotiator.

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
#3. the best color but it has the lowest miles, it's a coupe, and it's ready for a twin screw.

Fixed...
TR is the best color IMO but it is pricey. i'd get one with the least mods cause it's prolly been beat up a little. it's a little more fun to build your own too IMO.
all of em seem like ok deals.....TR OR GO HOME!!!:banana:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
#1. #2 is ****ed up (cant tell if you mean they fixed the HG or everything is just there to fix it) and #3 is a bit expensive. #1 however, is a vert, so if you ever plan on tracking it (drag, autoX/roadcourse) youre in for a rude awakening.

mileage is shit, especially if the car has been raped/abused those miles, vs a car with double that has only been raped/abused way less.

you really gonna pay an extra $2k for 8,000 less miles? Plus it has too many mods imo, you could be dealing with someone elses mistakes.

Sorry to say, but the above prices make me lol at anyone who thinks their 03/04 Eaton charged cobra is still worth more than $20k, in any condition. Maybe well done twin-screw or turbo cars with super low mileage...........

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would definitely say #3 but I'd still check it out carefully before biting as it likely has been driven hard with all of those mods.

Oh, and 2004 heads on #2 is not a fix for the tick issue. No factory heads on either year fixed the problem. It wasn't until Ford released the new head in 01/2005 that the problem was solved with revised coolant passages. Just an FYI.

fordified

Banned
#3. Doesn't need anything, not that much more expensive plus it has the most power, and when you get ready to upgrade it needs nothing but the upgrade itself.

Users who are viewing this thread