Which blower?

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by snkbit99
PHP Called yesterday and said my harness was in and will ship today. Finally only two months ago did I order them. What has every one done with there mass air meter harness and IAT sensor harnesses to get them to reach. And only if i can get the intercooler plumbed. The only thing left to wait for is the steering column pod from Summit and install the boost,fuel pressure, and air fuel ratio gauges. No it is not you Rick it is Prochargers manual. You need a freaking engineering degree to figure out what they are telling you to do. Good luck and let us know how the rest of your install goes.

Ed:bash:

Did you take a look at this site?
http://www.grcperformance.com/cobraatisc.asp The pic's might be helpful. :shrug:

I will doing my IC install this weekend. I noticed that durring the install you have to relocate the Power Steering Cooing tubs... NoT!
I have cut the tubes off and will run them into each other. If I get a cooling issue, I'll buy an nice oil cooler. I spoke with ATI about this and they agreed, also mentioned that several people have done similar, and the cooler is worthless, I agree.

Let me know how the progress goes with your install, I'm interested. I think I might film the IC install, and follow up with the S/C install.

snkbit99

Established Member
Thanks for the power steering cooler mod idea. I have fought that thing for an hour trying to get it in the right spot. What psi kit did you get? I talked with a Mustang shop in New Hampshire today and he told me about Ati suggesting a blow through Mass air meter mounting in front of the throttle body on some of the installs he has done. He said it did not require extending the harness. He also said all the ATI installs he did were a pain in the ass. I've got to call ATI monday and ask them about that.Hopefully my injector harnesses will be in hand by mid week.
Yeah I looked at that site. Pictures really did not help out. The kit pictured also is different from mine I have a cast inlet elbow at the throttle body. Thanks for the link any ways.
Ed :bash:

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by snkbit99
Thanks for the power steering cooler mod idea. I have fought that thing for an hour trying to get it in the right spot. What psi kit did you get? I talked with a Mustang shop in New Hampshire today and he told me about Ati suggesting a blow through Mass air meter mounting in front of the throttle body on some of the installs he has done. He said it did not require extending the harness. He also said all the ATI installs he did were a pain in the ass. I've got to call ATI monday and ask them about that.Hopefully my injector harnesses will be in hand by mid week.
Yeah I looked at that site. Pictures really did not help out. The kit pictured also is different from mine I have a cast inlet elbow at the throttle body. Thanks for the link any ways.
Ed :bash:

Hey can you explain in more detail, what this person was talking about with the "Blow Through MAF"? I don't quite understand what yiu mean, but I'm interested. What did you to get the passenger side IC Plumbed The 90 degree elbow that connects will not fit very well on my install. I have the 6PSI kit with a 3 core IC.

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member
Originally posted by brad65ford
Kenne Bell will be selling their roots style soon?

I just saw a ad for a Kenne Bell supercharger for 96-02 Cobra's in this month 5.0 magazine. Page 165 no price though.

snkbit99

Established Member
As far as i know the mass air meter gets moved to just in front of the throttle body. my intercooler is still not plumbed yet. I can not get the elbows on either. I trimmed them even more than ATI said to and they still hit the frame rail. I have not had a chance to work on my car for a couple of weeks now. Pretty soon I will just have it towed to my storage place for the winter if it is not finished and worry about it in the spring. I am still waiting on some parts I ordered.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
This is killing me, I am so close to completing this, and the winter is sneaking up my ass :cuss: The stupid elbow are a pian. I am going lengthen my MAF and IAT wires. You could use the stock intake manifold pipe and cutdown the "pre-fab"pipe from ATI, instad of mounting your IAT to ATI's POS.

What's up with the fitment of the air filter. I had to really bend my A/C stuff out of the way for it to fit, and there is also a Ground strap connector that I persuaded with a hammer, and bent it down.

Something you wont see in the ATI Manual :D

***Hint*** "Hit the ground strap with a 16oz hammer on the screw head in a downward motion"! until it is bent 90 degrees.

IF ANYONE OWNS A ATI AND CAN HELP PLEASE REPLY!!! NEED HELP WITH I/C PLUMBING!

Last edited:

snkbit99

Established Member
Yeah I talked to ATI about the intake tube. they told me to bend the air conditioner pipe and it would fit. I did not have to bend the ground strap but it is really close to the air filter. I am going to try to do some more work on my car tommorow if it does not rain. Finish putting my fuel tank back in,the new injectors and harnesses, and try to figure out how to put the elbows on the stupid intercooler. May be I will call ATI this afternoon and see about the blow through mass air set up.

ED :bash:

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Ed,
My airfilter would not fit, if I didn't bend the ground strap down, which makes me wonder about the install... Did I install it right, should I have trimmed down the rubber hose more so it was closer to the S/C?.... The 90 Degree elbow will have to be trimmed to fit from what I have been told so far, no one is replying to my other post... :cryying:

snkbit99

Established Member
Yeah it sucked to get the intake pipe on. Took a bit of wrestling and cursing. I finnished putting my fuel tank in today and was going to do the surge valve but just didn't feel like it. Just the injectors,intercooler plumbing, and gauges left to do. Do you have a bracket for your intercooler that looks like the one in the Gt install pictures or does yours look like a L.

SVTman74

stupid people make me mad
Established Member
Ed
The bracket looks like a L I am assuming the guy with the 99 bent his bracket, which what we will have to do. ( I am currently helping Raider put it on) Also the top 90deg elbow on the IC will have to be significantly cut on on side.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Ed... Finally got the S/C on... Sunday is going to be the first start attempt, can't wait. I just need to finish a few odds and ends. Hey what vaccum line did you tap into for your bypass valve?

Last edited:

snkbit99

Established Member
I haven't done my surge valve yet. I too was also wondering where the vaccum line goes. The instruction manual does not tell you where it gets plumbed into. I was going to do some more on my car tonight but it was raining when I got home from work.

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
raider187...is there any specific reason u didn't "T" into this other hose instead? Just curious as this other hose is the one I chose...comments?

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Ive got a P1-SC with the 3 core intercooler. Just installed it a few weeks ago. I couldnt be more satisfied. I agree, the install is a little rough and tough here and there, but if you take your time, things will be fine.

Thats wierd, I didnt have any problems routing the piping. I like the little nut that they screwed on the tube behind the radiator to hold the degas bottle support rod. Nice little detail

The intercooler mounted perfectly fine for me, except the L bracket that hangs down from underneath the hood latch. I had to bend that. IMO, they made the intercooler sit too high up in there... (fits fine, though) I might make some brackets to lower it down... so more of the fins are in the bumper opening.

The Blow-Thru MAF simply means that the MAF is mounted between the supercharger and the throttle body, so it is under boost pressure.
Lets face the facts. A complete supercharger kit is not going to bolt on as easily as a new shifter handle.
There were some small stumbling blocks. My included walbro 255LPH fuel pump siezed up after 5 minutes of idling. Good thing I wasnt driving home from somewhere... or even worse! The Dyno!
But, overall, everything went together the way it was supposed to.

-Homer

Users who are viewing this thread