Which blower?

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I'm ordering a few parts for the car tommorrow or the next day. I have my heart set on the procharger unless someone can convince me that paxton or vortech are more useful. Superchargers.com have some good prices on their blower kits,that and a built live axle with a good gear and clutch should make for some fun. Anything else I need to get with the blower? I think it comes with everything but injectors.

StangD281

Established Member
ProCharger is very efficient. Self-lubricating is the best feature about it, plus the Air-to-Air intercooler. Vortech is good; there is a 98 Cobra running around at 11.6's here with 12psi. Expensive with the powercooler, so ignition retard is necessary without it. ProCharger is the cheapest of the 3 you've mentioned. Most kits come with all necessary equipment (injectors, fuel pump, chip, etc). Paxton is top notch, also top price.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Was that a question? They have been saying "in about 6 months" for 2 years or so now.

Not a big fan of their products.

snkbit99

Established Member
Cobra Procharger

I am currently in the middle of a 10 psi 3 core intercooled procharger install on my 99 cobra. The instructions for the kit suck,they are not very specific to the newer cobras. Some of the component fitment is horrible. I still have not figuered out how to get the intercooler plumbed yet. Tech help is also horrible. Expect to spend at least 15-20 minutes waiting to talk to someone on the phone. If I had not spent $5000 on this install with all the other stuff you need to get I would just pull the procharger off and throw it out.
Ed
SNKBIT99
1999 Cobra Coupe
Magnaflow Cat-back
99 Lightning Mass Air
Steeda Tri-Ax
Procharger 10psi P1sc

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Wow.... I feel for ya man. I don't plan to do an install myself I'm to much of a pussy with the computer/air-fuel stuff. I'd probably blow the motor.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Re: Cobra Procharger

Originally posted by snkbit99
I am currently in the middle of a 10 psi 3 core intercooled procharger install on my 99 cobra. The instructions for the kit suck,they are not very specific to the newer cobras. Some of the component fitment is horrible. I still have not figuered out how to get the intercooler plumbed yet. Tech help is also horrible. Expect to spend at least 15-20 minutes waiting to talk to someone on the phone. If I had not spent $5000 on this install with all the other stuff you need to get I would just pull the procharger off and throw it out.
Ed
SNKBIT99
1999 Cobra Coupe
Magnaflow Cat-back
99 Lightning Mass Air
Steeda Tri-Ax
Procharger 10psi P1sc

I agree with snkbit99 100%... The install manual is horrible. I just started my install, I'm doing it very slowly, I did the fuel pump this weekend and took the car to get a baseline dyno. Do youself a favor, take your time and gather all info that you can about what will needed during the install. This install is not for the timid "Trust Me!".

snkbit99

Established Member
hi Rookie SVT
Have you tried to get a Mass air extension harness, IACT extension harness, or injector harnesses yet. I have not found anyone with any of these in stock or who know when they wiil get them in stock. PHP's injector harnesses have been on back order for almost a month now. Suppose to be in last week but never heard from them. Have you tried to install the intercooler yet? Let me know how that goes. Mines half in the car but can not get the outlet elbows on the passenger side.

Thanks
Ed

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by snkbit99
hi Rookie SVT
Have you tried to get a Mass air extension harness, IACT extension harness, or injector harnesses yet. I have not found anyone with any of these in stock or who know when they wiil get them in stock. PHP's injector harnesses have been on back order for almost a month now. Suppose to be in last week but never heard from them. Have you tried to install the intercooler yet? Let me know how that goes. Mines half in the car but can not get the outlet elbows on the passenger side.

Thanks
Ed

I'm doing the injectors right now. I Have the harness for the 42 lb injectors. It requires that you cut off the old harness and soldier in this unit. (ouch)! I was hoping to find an adapter from the OEM, but don't want to waist the time. What does PHP offer in a harness?

This is what I have done so far.

1. Removed everything to install the S/C and Intercooler
2. Removed and installed Chip in computer
3. Removed Upper Intake and fuel line to install injectors

- Rick

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I almost forgot does anyone have a diagram on how to plumb the friggin coolant manifold! :cuss:

The install manual sux ass :read: Wait, maybe it's the installer :dw:

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I was just on Vortech's Site... They have their install manuals online. When I was reading the injector install portion, I noticed that they also have a "jumper" for the fuel injector wire harness. I'm going to order a set tomorrow!

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by shadow
Kenne Bell says they will have the Auto Rotors soon for the 99-02 Cobra's - we shall see.

Really? It's about time, I have been waiting for ofther manufactures to get on board with 99+ Cobra Stuff.

I installed the injectors today and mounted the S/C. I have to order the wiring harness jumpers from Vortech on Monday and finish the upper intake. I found some good install pics on a 99 Cobra P1SC. This might help you?

http://www.grcperformance.com/installations.asp

http://www.grcperformance.com/cobraatisc.asp

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I'm sure some people have them on this board... I could use the help. I'm doing ok so far, but it's slow going... PHP called me today, the Injector Harness Adapter are in, WOO HOO. Now I can finish the upper intake, and all that remains is the intercooler. Which looks like a real pain in the butt. THe ATI manual has diagrams and partial directions spread on a few different pages, nothing Flows in their manual. :cuss: I hope to have it completed this weekend.

snkbit99

Established Member
PHP Called yesterday and said my harness was in and will ship today. Finally only two months ago did I order them. What has every one done with there mass air meter harness and IAT sensor harnesses to get them to reach. And only if i can get the intercooler plumbed. The only thing left to wait for is the steering column pod from Summit and install the boost,fuel pressure, and air fuel ratio gauges. No it is not you Rick it is Prochargers manual. You need a freaking engineering degree to figure out what they are telling you to do. Good luck and let us know how the rest of your install goes.

Ed:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread