Which 10.5" "knock off" rim should I buy???

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Hey guys...

I pulled the trigger and bought some used AFS polished 03' Cobra 18X10.5's for out back...now I need to buy a couple of the 18X9's for the front!!!

Any tire, spacer, and bolt suggestions for these rims???

I'm going for the H&R Race springs with MM isolators and Cobra R brakes up front.

BTW, you guys think I'll need some fender rolling in addition to the bolt and spacers???

Thanks for all your opinions and input!!!

Later...Dave

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
firemanmike said:
You will probably have to buy used satin finish rims. It took me 4 months to find one to replace one that got screwed up! I don't think you'll find them. You might be better off starting over with chrome rims if you want to stay with the original Cobra style rims. The Nitto 315's worked great for me with no rubbing issues. Good luck!!!

Can't find the stock looking satin ones anywhere so I went with polished ones in the 18" size!!!

Later...Dave

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
BadMoFo said:
they use to make them in the satin and with the grey inside, but I think they relized they were selling alot more rears than fronts and rears. so they switched to the black inside so you would have to buy both f&r. thats my take anyways.

Can't find those in 17's sooooo...

Well I'm goin' with the 18" polished so I might have two different sets, one set with good all around street tires(18s)and one set with some drag radials out back for when I hit the drag strip(17s).

Thanks for the input...

Later...Dave

Avenger

Established Member
I have the machined face AFS wheels and I'm running 18x9 front with 275/35/18 KDW and 18x10.5 with 295/35/18 KDW. Looks great, didn't have to roll the fenders or use a spacer. Had to shave the IRS bolt though.

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Avenger said:
I have the machined face AFS wheels and I'm running 18x9 front with 275/35/18 KDW and 18x10.5 with 295/35/18 KDW. Looks great, didn't have to roll the fenders or use a spacer. Had to shave the IRS bolt though.

Cool...hows the tire performance???

Are you gettin' good cornering and traction with that combo???

What are you runnin' for springs???

Thanks...

Later...Dave

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
Man... that's a good question. :??: I have never seen that combination in person, so I really can't give you an educated opinion.

I thought about 18" wheels, but stayed with 17s because I was on a budget. There seemed to be better (cheaper) tire options for 17" 315s.

I know that's not much of an answer. :shrug:

TopFuel, you must have done a lot of :read: to come up with such an accurate and well done post on 10.5" rims, tires and our Cobras. One big :beer: to you. I don't know why this isn't a sticky in the Terminator forum, it ought to be. Me, I just bought a set of Bogarts Drag Stars (used, but with rubber they stil cost me $1700!!!) for the track. At least I know these all fit right and I have no issues running an 11.5" slick. As you said in your thread, I ran Nitto 315's on my 10.5" rims with no spacers and no problems, not even the bolt issue. When I went to BFG D/R's, I needed a 3/8" spacer. Great write up!!!:rockon: It should be stickied!!!:beer: :beer: :beer:

MattHendrickson

SVTP Junkie
Established Member
untitled.jpg

hey are these the exact replicas ? same inside finish and all? my cobra is across the country so its not like i can go look at the rims thanks..still waiting on AFS to get back to me on the 17x10.5's

Last edited:

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
yes they are. see where the inside of the rim is silver. the newer afs ones are painted black there. they use to make them in the silver.

MattHendrickson

SVTP Junkie
Established Member
well the pic of that rim was sent to me from a represenative with AFS about a month ago so im sure they still make them like that i'll have to ask though.. at the time he emailed me about them being in stock but i didnt jump on them i emailed him yesterday because im ready to buy them now

MattHendrickson

SVTP Junkie
Established Member
i emailed AFS about the machined OEM 10.5's they still have some in stock..double checking to see if its the silver finish which it should be..

anyone know if there is any clearance issues going 10.5 with nitto 315's against the irs bolt? shouldnt be right?

Jfoster

Established Member
Look out for the 18inch versions. I bought a set and apparently they had a shipment of wheels with paint defects. It looks like the aluminum was oxidized before the clearcoat was applied. They still have sets of these for sale on ebay - they stat the these are "NOT" blems, however I have an email from them that plainly says that they are selling the last few sets of the blems on ebay...
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=948926

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
From all the replies I've received from numerous users on this site...

Go with the AFS knock offs, most people that have bought them had no issues while some of the other knock off brands have quality issues!!!

I bought a set of the used 18x10.5 polished AFS 03' replicas and they look great...now I just need to get some front ones!!!

Later...Dave

Users who are viewing this thread