Where would you go on vacation next?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yellowstone is worth a trip by itself. I did a bicycle tour of Yellowstone when I was younger. It's hard to put into words how majestic it is. Just the wildlife I saw was worth the trip, never mind the geological formations.

Ive been there 6 times and Id go back again in a heart beat

7upstang

Established Member
Englewood, FL about 15mins from Port Charlotte. Mainly because we have a place down there and I like the area. Nothing really to do besides going to the beach, but it’s a nice area.

Pick your poison.
Yeah, this side of Florida is great. I live less than an hour from your house.

Tampa then South Florida.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Tampa yes, lol. Miami, not so much. Although, I love the keys.
Yellowstone is worth a trip by itself. I did a bicycle tour of Yellowstone when I was younger. It's hard to put into words how majestic it is. Just the wildlife I saw was worth the trip, never mind the geological formations.
Yellowstone will most certainly be on the trip portion of that trip.
Wife and I love Maine, and visit there at least once a year. Favorites are Kennebunkport and Booth Bay Harbor. BBH would be #1. Very relaxing and peaceful.

This year we're doing a cruise to Bermuda in June and then hopefully west-coast Florida in July.
Where in Florida?

Looks like Maine will be part of the schedule as well.
If you like beer, check out Maine. I could spend a week on the coast visiting breweries and eating seafood.

Portland, ME has this thing called the "Brew Bus" which drives you around to different breweries while you eat and get drunk all day. Its so much fun, it shouldn't even be legal lol.
We do enjoy beer. We will be heavily researching Maine.

Thanks for the input!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
yea Maine has some beautiful areas to visit in the summer no doubt. U should check out Ogunquit. its near Kennebunkport and just as quaint.

Wife and I love Maine, and visit there at least once a year. Favorites are Kennebunkport and Booth Bay Harbor. BBH would be #1. Very relaxing and peaceful.

This year we're doing a cruise to Bermuda in June and then hopefully west-coast Florida in July.

CV355

_
Established Member
No matter where I go, there will be stupid people and the stress that comes from having to exist near them.

The next vacation I'll probably get will be in a wooden box, though my LW&T specifically states that "save money, dumpsters are ok too."

I'm more of a "stay-cation" type. Work on the yard, wash the cars, blast music, practice guitar for hours on end...

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
The other national park that starts with a "Y" is worth a mention, too.....Yosemite.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Honestly, wouldn't mind going to St. Maarten one day for an week. Id probably be at the beach down by the airport as Im a huge Aviation geek.

Want to see Germany once and experience the Isle of Man TT in person.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
yea Maine has some beautiful areas to visit in the summer no doubt. U should check out Ogunquit. its near Kennebunkport and just as quaint.
I didn't mention Ogunquit, but should have added it since we actually have spent 75% of our Maine vacation time in Ogunquit. We used to go there during the off season, but then changed to July. But Ogunquit is a bit much during the summer months, with traffic and the nonsense at times at Ogunquit beach. We mostly have stayed at the Pink Blossom on Shore Drive, with a duplex room that overlooks the Drive. Great hotel, and half-way between the center of Ogunquit and Marginal Way/Perkins Cove. People watching from our "perch" on our small deck overlooking Shore Drive can be fun.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
My high school basketball coach went on to be the Chief of Police there for a long time then took on the town manager position which I think is where he still is.

He said it was dead on the winter time but come summer there was like a 100k ppl there crazy. He offered me a job there lol but thats not my cup of tea. freakn beautiful there

I didn't mention Ogunquit, but should have added it since we actually have spent 75% of our Maine vacation time in Ogunquit. We used to go there during the off season, but then changed to July. But Ogunquit is a bit much during the summer months, with traffic and the nonsense at times at Ogunquit beach. We mostly have stayed at the Pink Blossom on Shore Drive, with a duplex room that overlooks the Drive. Great hotel, and half-way between the center of Ogunquit and Marginal Way/Perkins Cove. People watching from our "perch" on our small deck overlooking Shore Drive can be fun.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My high school basketball coach went on to be the Chief of Police there for a long time then took on the town manager position which I think is where he still is.

He said it was dead on the winter time but come summer there was like a 100k ppl there crazy. He offered me a job there lol but thats not my cup of tea. freakn beautiful there

It definitely is beautiful there Brett. Summer traffic is really bad on Main Street, so unless we are driving out of town we either walk or take the trolley. Fortunately there are a lot of great restaurants within walking distance.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

colin450

Established Member
Nantucket in the summer might be my favorite place I've ever been to for a vacation. And it's only a ferry ride away for me.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I plan on taking my Mustang up there this year for a two day trip. Any particular restaurant u can recommend for Seafood?

It definitely is beautiful there Brett. Summer traffic is really bad on Main Street, so unless we are driving out of town we either walk or take the trolley. Fortunately there are a lot of great restaurants within walking distance.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Trips these days tend to be to visit family in CA, Fl, and TX, as we would rather spend time with them than visit new places. We take long weekends to Deep Creek MD once in a while. Low key and relaxing. I’m glad we are done donating piles of cash to Disney...

Gravik

Established Member
Yeah I probably would hit fort Lauderdale then drive down the coast to the keys. Detour around Miami altogether lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Twisted2v

Established Member
Do the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky. The girlfriend and I hit a few places on the way back from a wedding. We are scheming to get back down.

I did visit the Jim Beam distillery south of Louisville bc of a missed exit. Very cool place.

Users who are viewing this thread