Where would you go on vacation next?

7upstang

Established Member
The catch, you have to stay in the contiguous 48 United States and you have a week to go.

Where would you want to travel to and why?

Trying to hit all 50 states in my lifetime. I think I'm around 26, but I wouldn't mind going back. We went to Alaska last year and Hawaii will be this summer. My wife and I love U.S. history, so we will stay stateside of the next few years. While we want to visit other countries we want to budget friendly over the next couple years as well.

Machdup1

Established Member
For fun: Colorado for Skiing or Florida Keys for diving.

For history: Boston/DC/WILLIAMSBURG

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Have you been to Montana? Glacier National park, Bighorn, caves to explore...
I got my wife hooked on National Battlefields. So far only Gettysburg and Antietam but wow....all I can say. You could spend a week in Gettysburg alone..

Never_Enough

Established Member
I got my wife hooked on National Battlefields. So far only Gettysburg and Antietam but wow....all I can say. You could spend a week in Gettysburg alone..
Gettsyburg needs more to do to go with the experience IMO.

7upstang

Established Member
For fun: Colorado for Skiing or Florida Keys for diving.

For history: Boston/DC/WILLIAMSBURG
Uh, first and last time I went skiing I bent a ski pole. However, I do enjoy snow.

We do want to do Boston, might need more than one week.

Never been to Montana, we talked about doing that area at one point. The wife wants to go to Yellowstone, but might need 2 weeks.
Since were retired we have no time limit. We are looking at a riverboat cruise down the Mississippi sometime in the neat future.
Actually sounds like fun, how long is the trip?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Apparently we should all be going to Michigan or Maine, according to that article that was posted a few weeks ago about them being the "1&2 best places to visit in the US"

nomoretickets

Established Member
Do the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky. The girlfriend and I hit a few places on the way back from a wedding. We are scheming to get back down.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Never been to Montana, we talked about doing that area at one point. The wife wants to go to Yellowstone, but might need 2 weeks.
Actually sounds like fun, how long is the trip?

Anywhere from 5 to 23 days. Most common is for 9 days. Have not really checked into it yet but something we would like to do.

jk57

Established Member
Week really isn’t a long time but this year going to Virginia Appomattox to see our dtr and new grandson.....

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Recon

Established Member
Englewood, FL about 15mins from Port Charlotte. Mainly because we have a place down there and I like the area. Nothing really to do besides going to the beach, but it’s a nice area.

Pick your poison.

Coiled03

Established Member

Yellowstone is worth a trip by itself. I did a bicycle tour of Yellowstone when I was younger. It's hard to put into words how majestic it is. Just the wildlife I saw was worth the trip, never mind the geological formations.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Anywhere other then New England......
Wife and I love Maine, and visit there at least once a year. Favorites are Kennebunkport and Booth Bay Harbor. BBH would be #1. Very relaxing and peaceful.

This year we're doing a cruise to Bermuda in June and then hopefully west-coast Florida in July.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
If you like beer, check out Maine. I could spend a week on the coast visiting breweries and eating seafood.

Portland, ME has this thing called the "Brew Bus" which drives you around to different breweries while you eat and get drunk all day. Its so much fun, it shouldn't even be legal lol.

Users who are viewing this thread