Where to source all leather Recaro skins?

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Smokin' deal on a set of '14 Recaros. If anyone's looking. Look to be in good shape, on ebay, seller looks legit, item # 315011383948

Not mine, just from my running ebay search.

BittenInBama

Established Member
Showed the photo to my wife (owned her own upholstery business for over 10 years now) about covering them. She said prob minimum of $1200 labor for those buckets. All leather would require 1-1/2 to 2 hides of leather.

Leather inserts and remainder in vinyl would be a factory type option.

IMHO I wouldn't use leather if it's a car you drive daily. Check out Alanté or Cahara premium vinyls. Look and feel like leather, esp when it's installed and the backing isn't felt/seen.
She did the seats in my old SVO for me when there was only one source for SVO leather covers. I used the Alanté. Looked amazing!

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
@BittenInBama Interesting reply, lots of good info. I find upholsterers to play their trade close to the vest, at least the ones I've dealt with. And around here, the boat people won't do cars and the car people don't do boats.

And forget about getting any info on suppliers, ect.
There's one REALLY good craftsman in our area and he knows it. If he accepts your job, it could be months out as he is in such high demand.

BittenInBama

Established Member
@BittenInBama Interesting reply, lots of good info. I find upholsterers to play their trade close to the vest, at least the ones I've dealt with. And around here, the boat people won't do cars and the car people don't do boats.

And forget about getting any info on suppliers, ect.
There's one REALLY good craftsman in our area and he knows it. If he accepts your job, it could be months out as he is in such high demand.
Karman, thanks!

The wife is exceptionally talented, does great work and most importantly is VERY conscientious of quality. I've seen her tear a couch apart (partially) twice because she didn't like a fold line or something.

Not only is she booked thru February already, she has been doing work for another shop in town whose owner is retirement age and to the point he just wants to have a job to keep busy. He does light work and sends everything else to my wife.

She has done cars, boats, jet skis, furniture and even an Cessna plane. No more planes though she says! Hahaha
I guess being a small shop she has the option of doing whatever she feels she can tackle.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Who did you with to do this!!! I have a Mach with cloth recaros and I wanna do leather or something custom like this
I have Darkhorse Recaros I’ve been planning on selling as I’m selling the Mach also (great car I’d like to keep actually).
I’ll shoot you my number.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread