Where to source all leather Recaro skins?

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
2013 Mustang GT Recaro seats with leather "seating areas" and cheapo vinyl everywhere else.

I'm having a hard time finding all leather replacement skins. Prefer American made. Anyone have any leads?

Found Lseat but they seem somewhat suspect...

TIA

AA9B5E5A-60BD-4217-BC92-E48E5DE6DC1F.jpeg

beau t

Established Member
Take them to your local (trusted) upholstery shop and tell them exactly what you want and let them work their magic!!! I bought a set of charcoal gray (?) seats for my 04 mystic cobra (to save the originals) they needed some pieces redone but not all of it, my local guy worked with me and even made some changes for the better with my blessing, the main change was the cobra size which he made if i remember correctly 30% bigger. The bigger cobra does not look out of place or gaudy, it looks like it should of been that way from ford. For this the turn around time was less than 2 weeks but i had also told him i was in no hurry and take his time.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure Katzkin makes covers

I guess I'll have to get in touch with them as the website doesn't show anything but standard mustang seats.

Take them to your local (trusted) upholstery shop and tell them exactly what you want and let them work their magic!!! I bought a set of charcoal gray (?) seats for my 04 mystic cobra (to save the originals) they needed some pieces redone but not all of it, my local guy worked with me and even made some changes for the better with my blessing, the main change was the cobra size which he made if i remember correctly 30% bigger. The bigger cobra does not look out of place or gaudy, it looks like it should of been that way from ford. For this the turn around time was less than 2 weeks but i had also told him i was in no hurry and take his time.

The local guy that I would like to use is somewhat of a prima-donna. He's usually too busy doing complete custom interiors. ;-(

All the others hacks.

Last edited:

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
They're already in the GT500. I've a FRPP sear seat delete so matching rears in not an issue.

I sent an email to Lseat. we'll see what they have to say.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Trying to find some take off GT500 Recaro skins Shelby used to sell and take the seats and the covers to a decent local place.
If you can find a place that does marine and aircraft interiors then this should be easy work.
If you’re into custom you probably don’t need a stock OEM skin.
-J

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
They're already in the GT500. I've a FRPP sear seat delete so matching rears in not an issue.

I sent an email to Lseat. we'll see what they have to say.
I have a pair of all leather black, custom Recaro seat covers that Gary Disney did for me that are still in the box, never used if you are interested. They were not inexpensive.

beau t

Established Member

Saw this on marketplace this morning -​

Ford Mustang New Take Off Recaro Leather Seat Cover Front Set​

$650 · In stock
Listed in Monroe, GA

• Condition
    Used - like new
THIS ITEM HAS FREE SHIPPING. These are off a new 2022 Ford Mustang GT with less than 5 miles on them. Fitment: 2015-2022 Mustang with Recaro Seat Includes 2-Front Upper Leather Seat Covers 2-Front Lower Leather Seat Covers Message of you have additional questions we can answer. Find us on TikTok @cbpartnersinc IG @cbpartners_auto_parts We are located in Downtown Monroe, Ga. Our business page is www.facebook.com/cbpartnersinc

Monroe, GA
Location is approximate

Seller details

Joined Facebook in 2022

beau t

Established Member
Not sure if this is what your looking for but thought i would pass along the info - - - see above post.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What are full Recaro seats worth these days?
$650 range for skin sounds about right.
$3500 for a set of seats?
-J

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had a standing ebay search for about 4 years now, anywhere from ~$1500 to ~$6000 a set. The S197 versions are few and far in between. The low end of the scale are usually blown out airbags and covers. Most of them are S550, which are a different mounting.
The problem with take off skins are, you still get the cheesy vinyl sides and backs.
I'm looking for a more upscale seating experience ;)

Last edited:

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
So the answer to my original question as to "where to find leather seat skins" is...

right here on the SVTP

Thanks to Tob and the best forum on the internets, I am now in possession of the custom Gary Disney skins (woo hoo) ! Now to make the time to install them.

406CC708-308A-40E3-AC28-B3D00478B3E5.jpeg

Thanks again Tob!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I almost forgot I had them until I saw you posting about skins. I found another box where I bought a set of stock takeoff skins from Shelby. I guess I planned on keeping my '09 longer than I did! Anyway, looking forward to seeing them installed and pleasure doing business with you.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Rather quite easy, got two office chairs from our church thrift store (5 bucks each). Took the seats off the bases, took the bases off the GT500 seats, there are four holes in the seat pan that lined up perfectly, so, drilled 4 holes in the swivel seat bases and bolted up with 5/16" bolts, washers and nuts. I filled the airbag voids with bubble wrap, put the foam, skins and trim back on. Took about an hour a chair

They balance out nicely and recline fine. I have two desks in the house so worked out fine. However, I have a friend that has quite the garage, he's been hounding me to buy the old seats. He may be surprised at what I've done.

Users who are viewing this thread