Where to get rotors and pads

White04Snake

Established Member
Hey Everyone, Im needing to get some new rotors and brake pads. I want to get some decent slotted/drilled rotors but dont want to break the bank. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to run as far as different brands to look for or where to look for the best prices? Any suggestions are useful. Thanks.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
You wont find any cheap slotted/drilled rotors that are worth a shit really. Your best bet is to go with stock bremo replacments!

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I bought slotted/dimpled rotors (for looks) and hawk pads for under $400 shipped from rotorpros. Contact them and they'll give you a price. No issues from me thus-far with 1 good track day on them.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I bought slotted/dimpled rotors (for looks) and hawk pads for under $400 shipped from rotorpros. Contact them and they'll give you a price. No issues from me thus-far with 1 good track day on them.

What brand are the rotors? Thats actually not a bad price, especially when you factor in HPS are almost 140 dollars by themselves. I just dont know If I would take a gamble in the brake portion buying something I didnt know was proven, brakes are kinda important lol

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
What brand are the rotors? Thats actually not a bad price, especially when you factor in HPS are almost 140 dollars by themselves. I just dont know If I would take a gamble in the brake portion buying something I didnt know was proven, brakes are kinda important lol

As far as I know it's their own rotor brand. I was skeptical as well but the guy who recommended them to me has had them on his 03 cobra for a few years now with no issues.

I keep checking them for cracks and such but have had no issues so far. I will tell you this, break in on those hawk pads is a PITA. Took me 3 or 4 good 100 mph stops to get enough heat in them to set. Made a noticeable difference in stopping distance as well over stock rotors/pads.

White04Snake

Established Member
Yea I searched it a lil, I always like getting an updated response since every once in a while there is a better deal out there or special promos going. Tried lookin around online but a lot of places just kept taking me to American Muscle or one of those sites. As far as the slotted and drilled, Yea its partially for looks but I had some on my GT that were pretty durable and worked pretty well but I wanted to check to see if there was anything to look out for on the cobras for rotors. Thanks for all the suggestions though, It'll definately give me a good head start to get looking around.

spdfrkaby

Established Member
I just ordered a set of cross drilled/slotted from rotorpros yesterday. So far I can tell you they're customer service is excellent. I sent them an email requesting a shipping quote to Hawaii and they asked for MY number so they could call me. Day before yesterday they shot me a courtesy email saying their phone systems were down and they'd call the next day which they did. They also let me substitute the semi metallic pads that come as a bundled package to ceramics with no extra charge. Also for Hawaii fella's, the shipping was super cheap.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The DRT link up above had all four rotors for less than $300. Don't know anything about rotor-pro's, but DRT makes some good stuff for less cash.

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
The DRT link up above had all four rotors for less than $300. Don't know anything about rotor-pro's, but DRT makes some good stuff for less cash.

Do you have them on your car? Just wanted some reviews on them before ordering a set as I've not heard of them before. Thanks

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Yea I searched it a lil, I always like getting an updated response since every once in a while there is a better deal out there or special promos going. Tried lookin around online but a lot of places just kept taking me to American Muscle or one of those sites. As far as the slotted and drilled, Yea its partially for looks but I had some on my GT that were pretty durable and worked pretty well but I wanted to check to see if there was anything to look out for on the cobras for rotors. Thanks for all the suggestions though, It'll definately give me a good head start to get looking around.

I crack solid rotors so fast that I can't even consider running drilled ones. Even the vette guys that do open track, time trials or road racing with Z51s or C6 Z06s are scrambling trying to find solid replacements instead of the drilled OE ones, because they CRACK SO FAST if you are really using them.

Most street cars however won't have too many problems if they don't get leaned on too hard.

What is the reason you are replacing the rotors this time around? Erosion?(they are too thin) Brake pulse?(uneven run out) Hurt from metal to metal worn out pads?

I am curious.

matt87

Established Member
i recently bought rotorpros cross drilled/slotted rotors front and rear with hawk ceramic pads for 300.00 shipped. zinc coated and a two year warranty against cracking. if your not autocrossing i dont see why using them would be an issue.

bwd0311

Established Member
just ordered from DRT shipped 295 to nc not bad lets see how the work this weekend! my rotors are all sorts of rust and nastyu looking cant wait to see these on my car!

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Do you have them on your car? Just wanted some reviews on them before ordering a set as I've not heard of them before. Thanks

Don't have them on my Mustang, but they were popular with the Volvo guys when I had my S60R. Never heard any complaints. Another nice thing about them is that the hats and edges are powder coated, so they look good under the wheel!!

When it comes time for new rotors, I'll probably pick up a slotted set...

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
just ordered from DRT shipped 295 to nc not bad lets see how the work this weekend! my rotors are all sorts of rust and nastyu looking cant wait to see these on my car!

Cool, make sure you post up some pics and a review after installation.
Thanks

Don't have them on my Mustang, but they were popular with the Volvo guys when I had my S60R. Never heard any complaints. Another nice thing about them is that the hats and edges are powder coated, so they look good under the wheel!!

When it comes time for new rotors, I'll probably pick up a slotted set...

Jefe

Established Member
does he sell them or just know where to get them? Cuz I've seen his name plastered over every brake post in the history of SVTP but no real info as to what he does lol! :beer:
Ya he is a vendor or something I believe. I PMd him once about getting a set of rotors and pads and he easily had the best prices

Users who are viewing this thread