Where to get rotors and pads

Jefe

Established Member
What brand were they?
Checked and the PM was deleted, this was around the same time I found out TireRack was out of stock on the Brembo's and he recommended another brand and said they were just as good. Found some old posts by him, sounds like he owns a brake shop

He does have SpeedConcepts in his sig

Last edited:

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I'm going to try out the rotorpros setup for mine. They have a 1 year warranty for cracking and warping. I've read alot of good reviews too. I dont track mine so with a street car only I think they'll work great.

Last edited:

bwd0311

Established Member
i got my rotors from DRT on weds havent had time to put them on probly tonight or tomarrow will def. take pick and post as soon as i get them done! they look nice and shipping was pretty fast! i like the fact the the lip and the center are coated so they should stay looking go.

bwd0311

Established Member
bro there just some cheap ones for now still go some life on the pads so im just keepen'em im looking at getting some hawks though. these pads i have now are going to get eaten up by these rotors so ill be look to get tome new ones very soon.

gtmuscle

Established Member
any pics yet. I am pulling trigger on Monday and am tossed between DRT and SBBC for the less expensive rotors or to just go for it and get the full tilt boogie or DBA 5000 two piece sets, I'm just not sure I want to spend 1K on rotors.

BlownShelby10

Established Member

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Just decided to go with Rotorpros - got a great deal on a set of four (less than $200 shipped). Wanted to go all new when I mount up the Brembos, ended up getting double-slotted & drilled with the silver coating. They use Centric rotors and have a two-year warranty, so that is a bonus.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Are these good brakes and rotors? Are they worth the money?

Was going to, but rotorpros gave me a deal that was $30 less (just for rotors, no pads) and the shipping was $0. Since they use the Centric rotor, couldn't pass it up.

whats the difference between the centric rotors and the ones in the link i just posted? :shrug:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
whats the difference between the centric rotors and the ones in the link i just posted? :shrug:

Don't know specifically - they could both use Centric rotors, but you would have to ask. Speed Concepts price for four rotors was $190 + shipping. Rotorpros gave the same thing to me for $160 shipped (also with the 2-year warranty). Easy enough.

Digital

Established Member
I have some ebay rear rotors that are drilled and slotted. I can't see them do to my rim and I don't really know what logic I had behind getting them drilled but what ever. I've had some seriously high speed stops on them and no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread