Where to buy COBRA engraved fuel door

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
My friend with a black 03 cobra has a black fuel door that has COBRA engraved in it and I think it looks sick. I would like to buy a silver one for my cobra but i've looked online and can only find ones that have GT engraved in them. So if anyone knows where I can buy one or has one for sale, please let me know.
:beer:
Thanks,
Nate

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you considered a plain silver door? I think the Cobra door isn't available because there is such a small demand for it. If you really want it engraved, maybe have it done custom. Shouldn't be too expensive for the engraving.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Nah UPR only has ones that have GT engraved. I just called them to make sure and they don't have COBRA engraved ones. Any other opinions?

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
YES! Found one! What do yall think?
fueldoor.gif

Last edited:

Snake Plissken

Established Member
It's your ride. but IMO, if you put a lot of "snakes" and the word "cobra" all over the car it becomes a bit to much. stick with factory looks. People know what you have.......

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
My car is silver metallic. This is also really expensive so i'll probably just get a stock silver one because this autozone POS was on there when I bought it and it sucks!

black 10th vert

Established Member
Just as an fyi, UPR used to offer billet ones with the snake machined into, and probably the "Cobra" script as well, but Ford goes after vendors all the time for trademark infringement, so anytime a product is out there with the "correct" snake logo, it is usually very short lived in the marketplace, unless they have the resources to pay Ford for the rights to use that emblem, or the Cobra name. I do agree with others though, too many emblems, logos, etc., tend to cheapen the look of the car. Everyone knows what it is, and for those that don't, too bad for them...

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I have a pre-ban MGW door with a cobra on it. black 10th vert is correct, Ford put a stop to it. They no longer offer the fuel door on their website either. Too bad, it's a real nice piece. You could try calling and asking them about a door. I'm sure they can't make them with any official Ford logos, but they might make a plain one. It can't hurt to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread