where did you mount your oil separator?

Explosive

Established Member
Hey, I have an 03 mach 1 but figure more people here have separators. I have a upr billet separator but I cannot figure where it would fit best. So just wanted to see pics of where you guys have mounted yours. This would be for the drivers side of the engine. I have a jlt pre filter on the passenger side.

Thanks

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Mounted my JLT on the firewall (plastic) on the drivers side...Also using the JLT pre-filter on the passenger's side!

20140316_104010.jpg

Last edited:

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I have the same upr piece you have. Only place i found to mount it is behind the front bumper. I should have gone with the 05 & up kit because it is held with a clamp. The height can be adjusted on them.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Bobs Auto Sports is about to launch a Terminator specific oil separator kit. It utilizes a fender bolt for install. Brackets are being produced now. Look for them in the next month or so. Look for updates @bobsautosports on instagram, bobsautosports.com and Bob's Auto Sports on Facebook. Custom powder coat and hydro dipping available on the filters as well.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Mine is inside the strut tower on the driver's side. It is completely hidden from view, and more effective than those high mounted setups because it is at the lowest point possible in the system, so gravity can do it's thing. A bit harder to empty, though, because you have to turn the steering wheel to get good access to it, or do it on a lift as I do.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Mine is inside the strut tower on the driver's side. It is completely hidden from view, and more effective than those high mounted setups because it is at the lowest point possible in the system, so gravity can do it's thing. A bit harder to empty, though, because you have to turn the steering wheel to get good access to it, or do it on a lift as I do.

+1 on having something like this. Mines mounted up behind my front bumper also completely hidden from view.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I would mount it as low as possible and in front of the engine bay in a place where will stay cool. That will maximize condensation and prevent any oil trapped in the canister from crawling up the vent tube into the intake tract.

Users who are viewing this thread