Where can I find my 99 Cobra Roots Leather "Apology" Jacket?

SVECobraR

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I just learned about the existence of this jacket this week and i'm pretty upset that I never received my jacket. My family has owned our 99 Cobra since April of 99 (brand new) and my father was the originator of the class action lawsuit for the lack of horsepower and leather seating surfaces. It took 5 years for our portion of the lawsuit to get settled and we received the fix, extended warranty on the vehicle and the payoff amount on the vehicle. But we were never notified about or offered a jacket.

I contacted SVT this week and they told me that they had a few left a couple of years ago that nobody had claimed, so they donated them to SVTOA. I then contacted SVTOA but was not able to reach anyone who knew about the existence of these jackets.

I would like some help, or tips even, on how to track down this jacket. My Cobra means the world to me and has made me a die hard ford enthusiast ever since my father brought it home in April of 99'. I've bought a 04' Lightning, a 04' SVT Focus and now i'm looking for 13' Taurus SHO to add to my collection. My friends and family actually hate the fact that I won't consider any other car but a Ford but I can't help myself as I feel that it is a disease of some sort, lol. :pepper:

The last six of my VIN are 178687. If anyone has a line as to where it could be or how I could find it I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks SVT Brothers.

Berj

SVTPete83

Established Member
Thay being said, I love mine and wouldn't even sell it for the 500 dollars the guy who bought my car offered me

Mrpancho95

Established Member
Been looking for one for months and finally found one and got out bid by a dollar last second good luck getting one

railroad

Established Member
I did not get an extended warranty or pay off. I did get a jacket and invite, which I attended, to SVT Experience.
There should be plenty of jackets out there, might not be lucky enough to find your serial numbered one. Good luck.

johnnyhog

I have recently got one from a friend who passed. It't like new as the size was xl but he was a med at best. Let me know if your interest. I have photos.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
My dad bought a 99 new, got the fix, but never got a jacket. :cuss:

mcate

Established Member
Here are the pics of jonnyhog's jacket

Attachments

• Jacket 1.jpg
    Jacket 1.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Jacket 2.jpg
    Jacket 2.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 222
  • Jacket 3.jpg
    Jacket 3.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Jacket 4.jpg
    Jacket 4.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 248

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a nice leather jacket and a neat piece of Cobra history, like Travis said. I knew about the class action lawsuit and horsepower fix, but never knew leather jackets were offered. I wonder how many jackets were made in total.

Users who are viewing this thread