where can i find a self adjusting BAP

cobrabnick3

Live A Little
Established Member
Are there any boost a pumps out there that adjust them selves?

Or if i just upgrade my pumps do i need a bap?

I know nothing about fuel

Thanks ! :beer:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
everyone just installs a BAP then cranks them all the way up.

This

Op make sure you cut the Hobbs switch off and connect both of those wires together. I did the same for the lean/rich fuel knob(BAPcontroller).

Here is a diagram of how it should hook up
662759FF-7548-4862-BB0F-49EA77368022-1191-0000005C7F67AAC9.gif

Anabolic

Banned
a BAP is a fuel pump override pretty much? I wouldn't just go all the way with it all the time if it's a manual override, might hit your pocket book hard from the 93 octane, There has to be a variation setup, almost like a MAF (more air/more fuel) lol

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
a BAP is a fuel pump override pretty much? I wouldn't just go all the way with it all the time if it's a manual override, might hit your pocket book hard from the 93 octane, There has to be a variation setup, almost like a MAF (more air/more fuel) lol

:dw::shrug:

NO, the pcm adjusts the fuel mixture the BAP just bumps it a bit under boost.

A BAP is not going to affect off boost fuel economy very much, if at all.

cj428mach

Established Member
Like Jimmy said.

The BAP just boosts pump output. The fuel pressure regulator and the ecm control how much fuel goes into the engine.

TRBO VNM

OP, do some searching and reading and check the FAQ sticky in the terminator talk section.

The BAP when you do not use the hobbs switch will be running all the time at whatever setting you put it at. The system is returnless and is variable voltage. The BAP increases voltage to the pumps so they flow more, but I never turn it up all the way. I have had a few pop fuses when turned all the way up. Never had an issue at 45%.

stock pumps and a BAP can support about 600rwhp give or take. Every car is different, so maybe only 580, or maybe up to about 630...your decision, money and potential risk of how far you want to push it.

Typically to upgrade the stock system and stick with returnless, to DO IT RIGHT cost about the same as converting to a return fuel system.

Oh yeah, search FRPS, fuel rail pressure sensor....little buggers like to pop and are expensive. All because of pressure spikes. From the factory we do not have a fuel pressure regulator like the return fuel system. The FRPS is a sensor mounted on the front driver side of fuel rail.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread