Where are all the R's ?

Snoopy49

Established Member
I got a call from my local dealer and he offered to sell me a new 2016 GT350 for bargain price of $87,970. This is for a GT350 with tech package, not a GT350R.
I don't remember them selling any cars with an ADM until now, both of the GT500's (2013-14) sold for MSRP.

New 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Coupe

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Established Member
I'm more than getting disappointed in Ford philosophy with special editions, and after 35+ years of driving nothing but Fords, I'm starting to think about alternatives.

SuperFly03

Established Member
All of these ridiculous ADM's really have me toying with dropping the coin for a Griggs RT system and calling it a day. Depreciation wise I'd win out huge over taking it in the bum for a R. It don't really want the regular 350 so this is definitely making it tough. I get where the dealer is coming from but damn.

conceptmachine

Established Member
It makes no sense what they are doing here. The GT is getting a special lottery and the first people to get a shot are the ones that bought the last gen. Well, let's think here. These Rs are about as rare as the GT will be, right ...500 more of the R. Of course they don't have a 20,000 unit run that is the 350, but you get the idea. Why in the hell didn't ford lottery off these 2500 units Rs With stipulations that they must be sold at msrp! I'm fine with people make a few backs but 15 to 20%. For doing what?? Market value? Come on.... whatever!

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
It makes no sense what they are doing here. The GT is getting a special lottery and the first people to get a shot are the ones that bought the last gen. Well, let's think here. These Rs are about as rare as the GT will be, right ...500 more of the R. Of course they don't have a 20,000 unit run that is the 350, but you get the idea. Why in the hell didn't ford lottery off these 2500 units Rs With stipulations that they must be sold at msrp! I'm fine with people make a few backs but 15 to 20%. For doing what?? Market value? Come on.... whatever!

The people who pay over MSRP are impulse buyers. There is a dealer here that had a R allocation they couldn't sell at $15k over msrp.

conceptmachine

Established Member
No...no... dont say that... its "market value". Right! If it was market value it would be sold by now. Lol.

Insead its decomposing in the "market". What happens in a Market when something sets more than a couple days? Prices lower ... and again...and again until finally they throw the damn thing out cause it's useless!

Really though, I can understand maybe 250 to 500 going to the salesman as a "tip" but 15k+ is reduclous. I'd never get it. In fact, if this R doesn't come thru for me I'll just forget about the 350 all together unless that lightning blue is awesome. This adm shit is bothersome. Wonder what the dealers will try to rake us for on the next GT500?!!

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

You can't compare the GT350 to the GT LOL Completely different. There won't be 2500 R's.

Ford can't tell dealers what they can sell them for, it's against the franchise agreement.

But hey, if Ford revised the franchise agreement and said that every car must be sold at MSRP, I'd be ok with that. :beer:

No...no... dont say that... its "market value". Right! If it was market value it would be sold by now. Lol.

Insead its decomposing in the "market". What happens in a Market when something sets more than a couple days? Prices lower ... and again...and again until finally they throw the damn thing out cause it's useless!

Really though, I can understand maybe 250 to 500 going to the salesman as a "tip" but 15k+ is reduclous. I'd never get it. In fact, if this R doesn't come thru for me I'll just forget about the 350 all together unless that lightning blue is awesome. This adm shit is bothersome. Wonder what the dealers will try to rake us for on the next GT500?!!

I sold 2 to Autonation of Littleton Colorado. One for $15k over and one for $14k over. Then I sold a third to Autonation of Katy Texas for $12k over.

At the end of the day Ford says "we want to make $X off of this platform". They adjust the invoice price to whatever it cost them to make it, then they sell them. Ford doesn't give a damn what consumers pay because by the time a consumer forks over some cash, Ford has been paid already.

Wichard20

Established Member
I am sure some of these dealers are regretting what they paid. I spoke to Autonation (without knowing the information you provided) and told me xx,xxx which is the best they can do since that is what they are paid which is in the ballpark of what you listed you sold them for.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am sure some of these dealers are regretting what they paid. I spoke to Autonation (without knowing the information you provided) and told me xx,xxx which is the best they can do since that is what they are paid which is in the ballpark of what you listed you sold them for.

Tears will be shed if they lose money.

Just not by any of us...

I told them I thought it was crazy haha They said they wanted them, so I obliged.

Honestly, for the performance that they are getting out of them, I think the GT350's should be more of a $50k car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
"Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price"

Exactly.

I'm sure the general public doesn't care, but I'd venture to guess less than 1% of vehicles a year are sold at MSRP or MSRP +.

Snoopy49

Established Member
MSRP swings both ways, how would everyone feel if all cars were sold at fixed price that could not be negotiated? It happens in other industries.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
MSRP swings both ways, how would everyone feel if all cars were sold at fixed price that could not be negotiated? It happens in other industries.

That would be downright un-american.

I go both ways on it.

It would make my job a lot easier. LOL

On a sidenote. I'm about 20 minutes from the Ford F-150 plant in KC, so majority of my new car business is A-Plan (meaning a fixed price).

Users who are viewing this thread