Where are all the R's ?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Nick, back in early 2011 when I found a dealer in Alabama for my Laguna seca, he and I had a verbal agreement for sticker, he wouldn't draw up an agreement or even take a deposit. Of course I was nervous, but I went with it.

A few Months later when the vin and build date was assigned, he called me, asked if I still wanted the car, still for sticker, and I said yes. only at this point did he take a deposit over the phone from my credit card, and draw up a purchase agreement that he overnighted to me for me to sign and send back to him.

A few weeks later the car was built, and a few weeks later courtesy delivery to my dealer here in Mass.

It was one of the most honest, smooth transactions Ive ever done for buying a car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why, to get the chance at being swatted, or to know if I'm telling the truth? Trust me, I got nothing to gain by it. I think he'll come thru in the end, but when I asked him the other day, that once the car gets the go, make sure to email me in writing our agreement. (Wish I would have recorded it, then I could play it back for you.... anyway to dig up cell phone calls)? Never heard back from him saying " ok, will do " etc, in the end, I think he'll do what's right, with a little coaxing. Does ford sell any cars worth a darn, my wife would want? Lol.

You're something else. I'm not saying you're lying or anything, I was just curious to how you are iffy on whether or not he will honor the deal. Before I left, I would've made damn sure we were both on the same page.

Nick, back in early 2011 when I found a dealer in Alabama for my Laguna seca, he and I had a verbal agreement for sticker, he wouldn't draw up an agreement or even take a deposit. Of course I was nervous, but I went with it.

A few Months later when the vin and build date was assigned, he called me, asked if I still wanted the car, still for sticker, and I said yes. only at this point did he take a deposit over the phone from my credit card, and draw up a purchase agreement that he overnighted to me for me to sign and send back to him.

A few weeks later the car was built, and a few weeks later courtesy delivery to my dealer here in Mass.

It was one of the most honest, smooth transactions Ive ever done for buying a car.

That's exactly how it should be.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Deep down inside you love me Nick. ;)
I'm only joking around with you...I know it's hard to sense my "personality" over the web. I'm going to make it a point to drive down and visit you
..maybe around the 4th so I can get some fireworks too...if I live til then.

I did this all over the phone and then went in to see him and looked over the build sheet etc. He did take my 5k deposit, but it won't go thru until it gets a vin.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm kinda hit an miss around then. I try to vacation end of June beginning of July.

But come on down, I know a bunch of people who have firework stands.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Ey ey...
Maybe we'll have an RC Cola and discuss the newly released news of the s550 GT500. :)
Before I make the trip, I'll call and make sure your gonna be there.
Oh.. senate passed a bill legalizing dot class c fireworks in IA, takes effect this December i believe.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Just got this message from deysha:
Thanks for the info,

I think I found your GT350R order (#××××) and it shows the vehicle status as “In order processing”.* This means that your order has been received, successfully edited, and is awaiting scheduling action. Once your vehicle receives a schedule to build day, it should then get a VIN and ETA. Everything looks in order and it should schedule within a couple of weeks or months depending on your dealer’s allocation.*

Remember, this is a specialty vehicle and will not schedule like the regular Mustangs. You can as your dealer which quarter this GT350R is for. This may help you get an idea of when it’ll schedule. You’re welcome to keep checking with me weekly. Please double check this info with your dealer to ensure we have the right order. Have a nice weekend!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Just got this message from deysha:
Thanks for the info,

I think I found your GT350R order (#××××) and it shows the vehicle status as “In order processing”.* This means that your order has been received, successfully edited, and is awaiting scheduling action. Once your vehicle receives a schedule to build day, it should then get a VIN and ETA. Everything looks in order and it should schedule within a couple of weeks or months depending on your dealer’s allocation.*

Remember, this is a specialty vehicle and will not schedule like the regular Mustangs. You can as your dealer which quarter this GT350R is for. This may help you get an idea of when it’ll schedule. You’re welcome to keep checking with me weekly. Please double check this info with your dealer to ensure we have the right order. Have a nice weekend!

This doesn't guarantee that the car will be built, it just means they received the order. If you dealer does not have an allocation for this vehicle, it won't be built. Dealers can order as many GT350's as they want and take deposits on every one, but only allocated cars will be built.

Status meanings. This is what you will hear when you call up SVT about your order status.

Material Hold - unit can't schedule - something is not available. All new orders usually fall under this status

Unscheduled / clean - unit isn't scheduled (no VIN, no date, no guarantee to build), but is a buildable order once allocation and commodities allow.

Submitted to plant - Unit assigned a VIN and assembly plant, plant is assigning build date.

Scheduled - has a build date and a VIN

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
Thanks Snoopy, yeah, im not saying it will be, I'm just saying this is where I'm at. The salesman spoke with the regional ford rep, took him all day and he said that he did. I suppose he could have lied, or something went wrong after that. He did tell me he sold a 350 not long ago. He also told me that they sell lots of mustangs and lots of cars in general, so maybe that's why they can get this car? I have no idea. The place wasn't one of those mega car lots, just a medium size place. Lots of cars though...
The red flag for me is that he hasn't officially cashed my deposit...he is waiting until it gets a vin. Well, if was certain of the allocation, then he should have taken it. Imo

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
Yes, it is, very odd. I'm going to go out on a not so distant limb here and say BS. I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Did your dealer give you an Vehicle Order Confirmation form when you ordered the car? This form doesn't guarantee the dealer can back up this order with an allocation, but it does show you he summited it to the order bank.

Make sure your last name is on the sheet and the Priority is 10 and the Order Type is 1.

Make sure you get a DORA from the dealer.
A DORA is a Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment. It’s a printout the dealer gets back from Ford after ordering. Usually comes next business day. You should get one from your dealer after ordering. Its a good way to verify what's ordered is what you want.

Order Types:
Type 1: Retail- Sold orders have a customer name assigned to them in the system. These also usually have price protection in case of an increase.
Type 2: Stock - Unsold orders for dealer inventory.

Priority 10 is the highest priority a dealer can assign to an order.

Example:

2014 GT500 Order Confirmation 2.jpg

conceptmachine

Established Member
Yes, I went thru that with him the other day. I seen that paper and confirmed it was everything I ordered and 920a. I didn't get anything, I should have asked him if I could have a copy.

I specifically asked him 3 or 4 times are you sure you have an R allocation he said yes, then finally I'll make sure. Then he called back and said the regional rep said yes. What more could I do

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As long as you saw it, it's fine.

I question if they indeed have an allocation or not.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Exactly, so I'll find out if they lied to me or not. They have nothing to gain at all by that...but you never know.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Until the car is scheduled for build and a VIN is assigned to the build, there is absolutely no way for you to find out if the dealer has an allocation. Ford will only confirm that an order has been placed, they will not confirm that the order is allocated or will be built.
The system sucks for the customer.
I went through this crap in 2012 when I ordered a 2013 GT500 from a dealer that assured me that he had an allocation for the car, what he didn't tell me was that he used that allocation for a stock order. It took me 5 months to finally get him to confirm that he only had 1 allocation and then asked me if I would be interested in a 2014. I finally got a car, but it took me 8 months of waiting to get it. It was the worst buying experience I have ever had to deal with and I would not go through it again.

Sorry to be a party pooper, I hope everything works out for you and your experience is a pleasant one. Hopefully my dealer was the exception and not the rule.
Good luck on your purchase.

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
Thanks Snoopy, so far it's been nerve racking but only because of the things I've done in response to things posted here. There are valid points, but in the end, what happens, happens and there ain't nothing I can do. I asked my questions,.did my job. He told me that they had the allocation and he would sell me one at msrp and so I went with it. Now I'll just sit back and let it unfold. If it does get a VIN then I'll start to get a little more excited but that could be eons down the road. ...so I'll just forget about it until that happens. No sense in getting all worked up and excited over it at this point

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just got offered a 2016 R that gets scheduled in 2 weeks (still able to change the order)....

....for $35k over MSRP. Psh.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Say, I'm thinking about changing my color choice. Can someone tell me if the black stripes are gloss or matte? How about any of the other colors of stripes? All gloss?
Thank you

Wichard20

Established Member
I just got offered a 2016 R that gets scheduled in 2 weeks (still able to change the order)....

....for $35k over MSRP. Psh.

I been looking for an R and found couple that are configurable at 25k over MSRP. My local dealer has one but they want 70k over :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread