Wheel/Tire dilemma...

UnrealSVT

Established Member
This was the whole reason I ordered up a pair of 16" rear wheels. Ideally I'd like to have a smaller tire up front when running the 16's out back.

I'd rather do pulls from a roll, less chance of breaking drivetrain parts. For now I can get traction on a 40 mph hit if the temperature is mid upper 60's. At least usually, lol.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Yea I'm with you. I would be largely into roll racing as well. What wheels and tires are you running on the daily that you're able to hook 40mph on up in good temperatures?

Sorry if you'd already mentioned, this thread has my head spinning with all the possible combos and tires. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea I'm with you. I would be largely into roll racing as well. What wheels and tires are you running on the daily that you're able to hook 40mph on up in good temperatures?

Sorry if you'd already mentioned, this thread has my head spinning with all the possible combos and tires. Lol

I'm running true forged mach 5's, 18x11 with r888's 305/35/18. I had to roll the fenders. Always rubbed on passenger side going wot.

IMAG0431_zpsguzyihxz.jpg

IMAG0990_zpsksdc8s7y.jpg

IMAG1017_zps3sph02u0.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

UnrealSVT

Established Member

s351

Established Member
The r888r is a great tire my car makes 800whp and works nicely as a rolling tire from second gear. It's probably useless from a dig but from a roll it pretty much holds second gear especially when its warm out, when its cold it will spin a but eventually will hook. I was surprised how well it held with my car.

I'm a turbo car tho so it's not instant shock to the tire.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I really like the CCW classics and always have. 18×9.5 and 18x11.

My new suggestion. Get the Rims you said you really like. And get the proxes r888's 305/35's. The 315/35's is an option too but the extra 10mm makes the tire stick passed 1/4-bumper. Unless that's your thing.

After a minute you can pick up a rear set of 16's. Then pick up some skinnier fronts after that.

Weld is behind right now and will stay that way for a while race season. So think 8-10 weeks before you get any new rims from weld right now.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
The r888r is a great tire my car makes 800whp and works nicely as a rolling tire from second gear. It's probably useless from a dig but from a roll it pretty much holds second gear especially when its warm out, when its cold it will spin a but eventually will hook. I was surprised how well it held with my car.

I'm a turbo car tho so it's not instant shock to the tire.
That's really good to hear. I have been trying to dig up some research on that tire all day.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
My new suggestion. Get the Rims you said you really like. And get the proxes r888's 305/35's. The 315/35's is an option too but the extra 10mm makes the tire stick passed 1/4-bumper. Unless that's your thing.

After a minute you can pick up a rear set of 16's. Then pick up some skinnier fronts after that.

Weld is behind right now and will stay that way for a while race season. So think 8-10 weeks before you get any new rims from weld right now.
That sounds like a plan.

Users who are viewing this thread