Whats your go to Microfiber Detergent right now and why?

SON1C

Established Member
10615434_10204142502575374_8329263319553930035_n.jpg

So I'm shooting a few microfiber videos right now and it just had me thinking -- Would love to hear your feedback!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I've tried a few, plus tried just using Tide free. Chemical guys was the worse. Micro-restore the best. I had some of the purple cobras - plush jr maybe? The thick ones. Anyway - had a few that were about to be retired from even wheel duty and a couple of washes in micro restore with white vinegar rinse brought them back to 90% feel of new, which I could confirm because I had some new ones also. White vinegar final rinse is a must, makes a huge difference for me.

Last edited:

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Detailer's Pro Series Microfiber Cleaner and Micro-restore. Just what I happened to pick up to try, that's why I'm using them!

oldmodman

Established Member
I have enough Micro Restore to last me the rest of my life.

Got it from a guy on here that closed down his detail supply business.

So I am glad it works so well. I tried the Chemical Guys and it didn't do as good a job. The MF's still had stains in them.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
i use micro restore but not a huge fan of it. they dont feel as soft after they get washed several times. any one soap that keeps them stupid soft?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
i use micro restore but not a huge fan of it. they dont feel as soft after they get washed several times. any one soap that keeps them stupid soft?

Are you doing a final rinse with white vinegar mixed it? Makes all the difference for me. I don't measure, just pour some in. A gallon last me about 8 rinses.

I just use them for rags when they get dirty then throw them away and buy new ones.

That would get expense for me, about $80 a month. I use ONR and the one bucket system where you soak a bunch of towels and pull a new one for each panel. Works great, but you end up with a ton of filthy towels.

Last edited:

dom418

Established Member
Wow they have a product for everything now a days. The detailing/car care industry is insane compared to 10 years ago. All you have to do is go on auto geek and see the thousands of products being pimped out. It's almost getting to be too much.

UncleDan

Established Member
Wow they have a product for everything now a days. The detailing/car care industry is insane compared to 10 years ago. All you have to do is go on auto geek and see the thousands of products being pimped out. It's almost getting to be too much.

Yep, makes you wonder how we ever detailed cars before all these "products" came along. :D "Microfiber detergent" is hype.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I use All Free and Clear and White Vineger. Then dry on cool cycle. Works pretty well. I usually have to buy a dozen or so replacement towels a month for washing or drying. The old ones see wheel or exhaust duty.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yep, makes you wonder how we ever detailed cars before all these "products" came along. :D "Microfiber detergent" is hype.

You mean when people washed their cars with dish soap, dried off with a towel or a chamois if they were feeling froggy, and a detail was some shitty otc turtle wax?

Total hype nowadays.....

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Are you doing a final rinse with white vinegar mixed it? Makes all the difference for me. I don't measure, just pour some in. A gallon last me about 8 rinses.

thanks man did one load of mf towels probably have two more and the white vinegar worked wonders on the first load at least! so soft still!! :beer:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Would someone please describe the white vinegar process for me. Have not seen that before??

I wash on hot with micro-restore with the washer set on double rinse. When that completes, I turn off double rinse and set the cycle to quick rinse or something like that. As it fills I pour in what is probably 2-4 cups of white vinegar into the water. The washer runs for a few minutes with that mix of just water and the white vinegar, drains and done. The important thing is that it doesn't drain your white vinegar mixed water, then full and rinse again with tap water.

From what I've read, the white vinegar dissolves the hard water minerals (or flushes them out?) so how much of a difference it makes will likely depend on your water. For me it's night and day.

Users who are viewing this thread