Whats up y'all? I'm new here and got some questions

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Op, I wouldn't get to hung up on the type of blower you want just yet. Get the car and get a feel for it and you will get to exoerience first hand what a positive displacement blower is like. Think of a Cintrifugal supercharger like a turbo with a belt driving it instead if the exhaust gasses, and it has similar characteristics. I bought my Terminator when I had just turned 19. I had all the same plans for the car you did but after getting it I realized there was a lot more as far as supporting mods and basic bolt ons that added up, but made the car an animal by the time I sold it. Start looking into the basics first, have fun getting acquainted with the power, and look at the blowers for later on.

As far as schooling goes, at our shop we have two mechanics, both ASE certified, and neither went through UTI or any school like that. My best friend started out at 17 changing oil at a Ford dealer, then a Honda dealer who sent him through their entire program and he ended up being the youngest Mastertech for Honda at like 22. He said guys that came from UTI to their dealership were put in the oil change service center. There's always an exception to the rule but the overall view of UTI graduates in the real world of automotive service is pretty negative it seems. The plus side to having the manufacturer school you in their programs is that you dont have to pay for it! My friend was making $80k at 22 years old when he left the dealer with no college debt to pay back. He branched out to do what we are doing now but that past career has set him up for success.

This is why I made my statement about UTI. Not bashing it. But I would knock on doors talk to dealers start as an oil change guy and see if they will put you thru school. You will have Co-op and free schooling and not be in debt if you decide it isn't the career for you.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
I know a couple guys that went to UTI. They aren't in the automotive industry anymore.

Austin_9819

Established Member
You weren't even five when I came onto this board... (hangs self)
crazy.gif
[/QUOTE

Is that supposed to be a bad thing or something lol?

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Hey dude! Welcome to the site!

To answer your question: centris provide more top end power (good for drag racing), and the twin screw's/roots hit harder down low which makes for a good street car. As one person said above, with the right suspension, gearing, supporting mods etc, the centri can be quite a good alternative to the twin screw/roots blower for the street.

I wish I had the money to own/buy a terminator, but I'll be stuck with my GT for the foreseeable future lol. Even if you bought a cobra with the stock eaton, I would get used to that first. That'll be a good amount of power for you to learn how the car handles/drives. Then you could pulley it down/port the blower if that hasn't been done already. Most people I've seen maxed out around 530-550rwhp with the supporting mods and full bolt-ons/port.

Austin_9819

Established Member
Hey dude! Welcome to the site!

To answer your question: centris provide more top end power (good for drag racing), and the twin screw's/roots hit harder down low which makes for a good street car. As one person said above, with the right suspension, gearing, supporting mods etc, the centri can be quite a good alternative to the twin screw/roots blower for the street.

I wish I had the money to own/buy a terminator, but I'll be stuck with my GT for the foreseeable future lol. Even if you bought a cobra with the stock eaton, I would get used to that first. That'll be a good amount of power for you to learn how the car handles/drives. Then you could pulley it down/port the blower if that hasn't been done already. Most people I've seen maxed out around 530-550rwhp with the supporting mods and full bolt-ons/port.

Thanks for the information man very helpful!

wreckit

Established Member
welcome to the site. As others have stated, do not rush into upgrading the car until you've developed the feel of the car.
I was just like you wanting to upgrade everything ASAP! But I've been waiting it out and slowly adding parts here and there to get a better feel for the car.
As for superchargers go. I would go with a TVS VMP!!!! That's what I will be going with after i get tired of the Eaton, which will be ported next week.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Do you work at TMS?

Sorry, didn't see this til now. No, I just work at a big body shop at the moment and we do a lot of mechanical stuff as well, but only because we have two really good guys that can do it. One is the crew chief for Daigo Saito (The dude driving the Lambo Merc in the drift battle video vs the Mustang) and I dont think he did any schooling at all. He's had his own speed shops and right now does a lot of Natural gas vehicle conversions and maintainance on the side as he works for us.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread