Whats up with the 2015 specs

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
Doesnt the 2015 come out in like 2 months and we still down know official weights or hp or tq numbers?

I want to get one but only if it has the potential to reach 425rwhp with tune exhaust and intake

4VFTW

Established Member
production starts in 4 days....Ford knows the #'s so not releasing them is either a good omen or a bad one , but it is getting kinda hard to see why you would be holding back good marketing hype at this point.

Last edited:

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
production starts in 4 days....Ford knows the #'s so not releasing them is either a good omen or a bad one , but it is getting kinda hard to see why you would be holding back good marketing hype at this point.
Why would it be hard to see why I'm holding back? I want numbers before I spend money

BMR Tech

Production starts when?

I was told production is starting 2nd/3rd week of August, by the dealer I ordered mine from.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I'm betting on a bad omen as nothing has been provided to tell me differently.

I would love to be proven wrong..............screw showing the colors, 911 dispatch, and radio buttons.

Voltwings

Established Member
well, as far as i'm concerned ... screw the factory numbers, i'll be modding it any way. It has better cams, better cylinder heads, and better internals... The shit could come with 405 whp and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference once you start modding anyways.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If all the models are spoken for for the next few months by people who don't care about numbers then what does it matter if you have to wait a little longer to find out? You're still going to be waiting at this point and it doesn't matter to Ford one bit because they are still selling their cars.

4VFTW

Established Member
Production starts when?

I was told production is starting 2nd/3rd week of August, by the dealer I ordered mine from.
Job#1 Production for Coupes starts 7/14/14

OK to Sell date is 9/9/14

of course thats just what I read on the internet.

908ssp

Established Member
well, as far as i'm concerned ... screw the factory numbers, i'll be modding it any way. It has better cams, better cylinder heads, and better internals... The shit could come with 405 whp and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference once you start modding anyways.

Same here mine is ordered; numbers never mean anything any way.

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
If all the models are spoken for for the next few months by people who don't care about numbers then what does it matter if you have to wait a little longer to find out? You're still going to be waiting at this point and it doesn't matter to Ford one bit because they are still selling their cars.

Because people like to plan. If I'm keeping my rover I'll lift it and put nicer wheels on it. But if I'm happy with the numbers and the modding potential I'll jump on a 2015. Makes sense huh

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Yeah it does make sense, but if Ford has a couple months of deliveries lined up already then your opinion doesn't matter much as you'll be waiting either way to get your car. They are selling to the individuals who are clearly more die-hard or just don't care about the numbers. The time it will take you to get your car if you ordered now vs waiting to see the numbers makes no difference. Someone will have the car dyno'd and the numbers will be released well before you can get your hands on one. And if you can't hold off on mods or it bothers you that you can't have your Mustang now then you've got some problems. People need to chill out.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Yeah it does make sense, but if Ford has a couple months of deliveries lined up already then your opinion doesn't matter much as you'll be waiting either way to get your car. They are selling to the individuals who are clearly more die-hard or just don't care about the numbers. The time it will take you to get your car if you ordered now vs waiting to see the numbers makes no difference. Someone will have the car dyno'd and the numbers will be released well before you can get your hands on one. And if you can't hold off on mods or it bothers you that you can't have your Mustang now then you've got some problems. People need to chill out.

You don't get it. Every other manufacturer has specs ready when they release a car. Ford decides it wants to release certain data at certain times like its the end all be all pony car. They make all this hype and can't produce what inevitably is what makes actual muscle car enthusiast drool, and that's numbers. The WHY is what's killing everyone.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
No one is taking into account that maybe it hasn't been officially SAE tested yet? You know that does come from an outside entity, it's not in house and sometimes it takes longer than normal. Whenever SAE certification is conducted the information is posted and someone usually posts up the results if the manufacturer doesn't do first. There's a strong possibility that Ford didn't get the results they wanted so they made last minute changes and are recertifying.

This is what most of you fail to acknowledge.

Last edited:

908ssp

Established Member
You don't get it. Every other manufacturer has specs ready when they release a car. Ford decides it wants to release certain data at certain times like its the end all be all pony car. They make all this hype and can't produce what inevitably is what makes actual muscle car enthusiast drool, and that's numbers. The WHY is what's killing everyone.

It is NOT killing everyone. Plus most of the time the numbers aren't true in any case.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
It is NOT killing everyone. Plus most of the time the numbers aren't true in any case.

It's an issue to a lot of folks. As mentioned earlier, there are a lot of car options out there and the raw information WOULD help in deciding on making a purchase.

So far, Ford has taken us to the strip club, and we've only looked at shoes.

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member

You're right, only most of the people on this forum who like knowing exactly what they're getting into before buying their performance oriented mustang. I've never known ford( in my time here on earth) to underrate the gt or anything lesser. Yes the higher end models have been underrated but we don't had any of them comig out now do we?

Users who are viewing this thread