whats this sound

Jefe

Established Member
[ame=http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/RepnPB21/?action=view&current=VID00003.flv]VID00003.flv video by RepnPB21 - Photobucket[/ame]

5.4ever

Crawling before Walking
Established Member
Need more info
Does the car run good? Does it bog, lost power?? It kinda sounds like a loose pulley, maybe an exhaust leak???:shrug::shrug::shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like it's down a cylinder or two. Doesn't sound good at all. As 5.4ever asked, has it lost power? Maybe more important, what are the circumstances around this video. I'm assuming it isn't your car since your profile says you have a Silverado.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Sounds like thousands of dollars to me. Granted we're not there or anything but you need to get somebody to hear that, that knows what they are doing. Do not drive it!!!

bluevenomgt

Established Member
It actually happened when I was driving the car home. No loss of engine power....wasnt hotrodding it or anything and havent all week....um just started making noise...now i didnt try to throttle it to kick the supercharger in or anything but as far as the engine i felt no loss of power...i could feel it in the pedal though....sounds horrible whatever it is....as far as mods i believe it does have a lower 4lbs pulley on it....c.a.i.,bigger maf, stuff like that

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
thats the sound of 1000 terrible things going on inside your motor.

sorry to tell you, good luck on the rebuild!

on the bright side, you can now put in some nice pistons that dont expand as much from the heat, and properly size the PTW (piston to wall) clearance for them, and beat the shit out of it all day long without worries.

bluevenomgt

Established Member
with no loss of engine power i find it hard to believe its an engine rebuild more like the supercharger needing to be rebuilt

Jefe

Established Member
with no loss of engine power i find it hard to believe its an engine rebuild more like the supercharger needing to be rebuilt

Pull the belt off the supercharger and see if it goes away. Not sure if you need a shorter belt but I dont think so. Crossing my fingers for you

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I had the same sound and i can almost gurantee you its PTV clerance. Your timing chain jumped a few teeth which the car is out of timing. Good Luck Buddy!

bluevenomgt

Established Member
ok shop called me today and supercharger is pretty much toast....so it has to be replaced.....now what do I replace it with...lol gonna have to save up some money now...lol

Users who are viewing this thread