What's the scoop on the Export tail lights...I have a set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Whoa, I need to find some of these for myself!

..so that I can sell them and make money!

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
Yes, 90% of my posts are worthless :rollseyes

I do not think any differently of you or anyone else because you have these, or like them. You actually seem to be one of the better contributors to this forum. We're merely having a difference of opinion currently.

However, I think it is difficult to skate around that even for the craziest person it is still completely ridiculous that you have to go such leaps and bounds. and part with so much pocket change to get a set of tail-light lenses that are really nothing more than maybe a few dollars worth of plastic.

To each their own, but you won't find them on my car.

:beer:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I've been selling them for the past few years, but I only have the left side units available.

Here is what they look like:
ExportTailsSet_03.jpg

Speed Concepts - 9698EXPTKIT - 1996-1998 Mustang EXPORT taillights kit/pair fits all Mustang GT/V6/Cobra

I had the SKU disabled, but I'll see if I can find the right side units again and stock up on them...and I'll update the site when/if I get more right sides in.

Ken

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
oh, and...

1973 Cobra:
KingCobra-3.jpg

1993 Cobra:
augusta-104.jpg

JimLynch2.jpg

99 Cobra:
CobraRear2.jpg

CobraRear.jpg

1999Cobra-060304-2.jpg

01 Cobra
SilverCobraCoupe.jpg

'nuff said!

:rockon:

ARdoller

Established Member
its one thing to sell them privately at that price because of how unavailable they are, but if a distributor is gonna stock them, and they are going to be readily available, that price is insane. the only reason people are paying that much for them is because of how hard it is to get them.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
the only reason people are paying that much for them is because of how hard it is to get them.

Well yeah, that's how it works.

That's why a Talladega is worth more than a Torino. One is more rare/harder to find.

Guess I'm lucky that I DON'T like them! I wouldn't spend $400 on them if I did like them either. :shrug:

venemous97

Established Member
meh theyre ok definately would find something better to do with 400 bucks then spend it on tail lights, but to each their own

ARdoller

Established Member
Well yeah, that's how it works.

That's why a Talladega is worth more than a Torino. One is more rare/harder to find.

Guess I'm lucky that I DON'T like them! I wouldn't spend $400 on them if I did like them either. :shrug:
but my point is, that if someone is going to start stocking them, then they wont be rare anymore.

im sure someone overseas has to be manufacturing them, otherwise if someone driving a mustang overseas breaks a tail light, the car wouldnt be legal to drive on the street. it just a matter of finding a source for them. it not like they cost any/much more to manufactur.

if a distributor is getting a hold of them in multiple quantities, they cant be impossible to find.

Last edited:

Freakingstang

Established Member
oh, and...

1993 Cobra:
augusta-104.jpg

JimLynch2.jpg

'nuff said!

:rockon:

So are teh 83-86 tail lights rare? Cause the cobra tails are nothing more than 86 tails with pin stripes.....

And those export tail lights....EEEK Wow, those really look bad.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
but my point is, that if someone is going to start stocking them, then they wont be rare anymore.

im sure someone overseas has to be manufacturing them, otherwise if someone driving a mustang overseas breaks a tail light, the car wouldnt be legal to drive on the street. it just a matter of finding a source for them. it not like they cost any/much more to manufactur.

if a distributor is getting a hold of them in multiple quantities, they cant be impossible to find.

Companys like PPI will sometimes buy every last one that's left. Then NO ONE else has them, yet they are still rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread