What's the scoop on the Export tail lights...I have a set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDC2335

Established Member
does anyone have pics of these light? idk what these even look like lol

search feature is your friend: thanks to whom ever these are

tailsq4.jpg

tail2ig8.jpg

8_std.jpg

11942.jpg

whitefiveo

Established Member
i don't get it. when i see another cobra on the road i'm not going OMFG LOOK HE HAS EXPORT TAILLIGHTS !$@>?!?>

usually the only lights i notice are the headlights in my rear view :burnout:

ARdoller

Established Member
They are worth about 4-450 a set... Stock ones go for 50-75 a set..
youre getting ripped off if youre paying $50 for stock non-export tails without the harness. i see them in junkyards all the time in perfect condition for less than $30.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
youre getting ripped off if youre paying $50 for stock non-export tails without the harness. i see them in junkyards all the time in perfect condition for less than $30.

factory 94/95 taillights go for at least $30 apiece when the paint is in good condition without fading clearcoat.

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
I have them on my car. I got them for a pretty smoking deal so I jumped on them. I really need to hook them up to work properly though, pharmacy school isn't kind on time though....lol

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Yeah i would throw them up on ebay and then post up on every mustang site with your ebay ad. You'll probably get a pretty penny. Everyone wants them cause they are different, i personally think they are ugly.

ARdoller

Established Member
factory 94/95 taillights go for at least $30 apiece when the paint is in good condition without fading clearcoat.
the last pair of horizontals that i bought, that didnt include the harness, had perfect bezels. they were $28.50.

to pay someone over the internet at least $50 plus the cost of shipping, youre getting completely ripped off.

but then again, tail lights are probably the one of worst car parts to sell over the internet. theyre inexpensive, but their size makes them expensive (in relation to the product's cost) to ship. if you need new tail lights, your best bet is to find them locally, since you'll easily spend $25 minimum to ship a pair of tail lights.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
$50 seems pretty reasonable to me for a pair of tails.

At $28.50 you got a great deal, but i wouldn't call that the norm.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
The scoop is they're ugly, non-functional, and people pay a lot of money for them for some reason.

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
Hardly a fail.

This is the Internet. People post their opinions, and personally mine are laced with sarcasm probably 90% of the time.

That means 90% of your post are worthless info:??: Just asking:dw: I understand this is the INTERNET full of opinions, but it's also full of facts. The fact is the export lights CAN be made functional. That was just my point, and some of my opinion :lol1:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member

Just saying what Ive seen them for online. Yes, you can get them cheaper from a junkyard.

I wouldnt never spend the money on them but there are people who will.

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
That means 90% of your post are worthless info:??: Just asking:dw: I understand this is the INTERNET full of opinions, but it's also full of facts. The fact is the export lights CAN be made functional. That was just my point, and some of my opinion :lol1:

Yes, 90% of my posts are worthless :rollseyes

I do not think any differently of you or anyone else because you have these, or like them. You actually seem to be one of the better contributors to this forum. We're merely having a difference of opinion currently.

However, I think it is difficult to skate around that even for the craziest person it is still completely ridiculous that you have to go such leaps and bounds. and part with so much pocket change to get a set of tail-light lenses that are really nothing more than maybe a few dollars worth of plastic.

To each their own, but you won't find them on my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread