whats the best to wax our terminators??

Bella03

Established Member
Im just curious to know what is the best wax brand/material to use for our cars? I also have a few light scratches and swirls :cryying::nonono:

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Does the 03 cobra differ from waxing any other car? lol

Just use your favorite product and go from there.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
^Well its not the search police but its just as annoying... OP its personal preference, I personally like Pinnalce carnuba paste and insulator wax. However as we all know ... its not about wax, its about the prep.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Meguiars cleaner wax, apply in STRAIGHT LINES, not swirls.

Applying in swirls or straight lines makes no difference with wax. Abrasive materials such as dirt or polishing compound can create swirl marks as they cut into the clearcoat. These same cuts can be made in straight lines with equal appearance.

The goal is to wax a clean surface with a clean applicator.

Bella03

Established Member
Well thanks for everyone's advice and recommendations. And as for the difference between terminators and other cars, no I dont think there is a difference in waxing...I just reffered to 03-04 cobras since thats what forum I was posting in lol

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
I just polished mine with Poorboy's SSR and threw some Collinite 845 on top. The car looks like it glows now.

cobracide

Established Member
Applying in swirls or straight lines makes no difference with wax. Abrasive materials such as dirt or polishing compound can create swirl marks as they cut into the clearcoat. These same cuts can be made in straight lines with equal appearance.

The goal is to wax a clean surface with a clean applicator.

You are exactly correct! Thanks for the correction.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Zaino is second to none. I recommend their start-up kit but they have products for every need. They have hundreds of testimonials with pictures from people all over. After a few coats of their stuff, your cars paint will literally become a mirror. Read their website for PROPER techniques. Apply vertically in straight lines on doors/side panels and horizontally on top surfaces. This makes a difference.

cobracide

Established Member
Zaino is technically not a wax but a polymer. Looked awesome on my black 2001 Cobra and it lasted a long time, deep look. Used to use nothing but the seven different compounds ect. Too much work.

Meguires Gold Class wax, Cleaner wax and Colonite #845 wax now is enough.

Last edited:

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
I like the Zymol from AAP. Also the NXT Tech Wax. And i keep a giant bottle of Meguiars Quick Detailer in the trunk just in case I don't want to drive home with a spot or two on my car.....

Blueline

Established Member
I used to use Mothers religiously. Then I was at Autozone and decided to try something new. I picked up Meguiars NXT Generation wax, it was garbage in my opinion. It didnt come off right, made my black paint look blotchy and it never really "dried." I called Meguairs and they sent me their Gold Class as a replacement. This wax is pretty good, so far Im satisified with it. Next Im going to try Pinnacle, my brother in law swears by it.

Users who are viewing this thread