whats the best to wax our terminators??

Marc

Established Member
Not to hijack this thread, before wax, what is the best thing to take out hardcore water spots? Hell even claybarring don't seem to work.

Do I need to use some type of polishing compound?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Not to hijack this thread, before wax, what is the best thing to take out hardcore water spots? Hell even claybarring don't seem to work.

claybars don't remove spots or swirls-they remove contaminants from your paint.
step 1 research
step 2 wash using two buckets and a grit guard preferably
step 3 tape off the car
step 4 clay the car (tear the bar in half just in case you drop it)
step 5 start with the most abrasive compound you need to use, work your way down with diff. pads and compounds
step 6 polish (work your way down just like with compounds)
step 7 use alcohol and water to clean off everything you left behind
step 8 I like to apply glaze.
step 9 sealant
step 10 wax, let it cure for a day and then take off.

cobracide

Established Member

Wash your car then dry with a chamois (yeah, real sheep hide). No water spots.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Before wax or polish, some distilled or RO filtered water in a spray bottle and a clean cotton towel will remove fresh water spots. However after sealing spots in with polish or wax, you need to get through that layer before you can get to those spots. Zaino is pretty bad about sealing them in and is a real biotch to get them out.

Alternately, to help prevent them, you could wash your car with a drum full of filtered water driven by a water pump. Water spots are usually from minerals in city water.

Bella03

Established Member
Before wax or polish, some distilled or RO filtered water in a spray bottle and a clean cotton towel will remove fresh water spots. However after sealing spots in with polish or wax, you need to get through that layer before you can get to those spots. Zaino is pretty bad about sealing them in and is a real biotch to get them out.

Alternately, to help prevent them, you could wash your car with a drum full of filtered water driven by a water pump. Water spots are usually from minerals in city water.

Wow I never thought about that...good point though. My boys are going to get on me about this, they already say I do too much lol but back on topic imma have to try this. Thanks everyone for all the help/advice keep em coming :rockon: no prob to the "hijacker":beer:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
to the OP- if you dry your car with air- such as an air gun or leaf blower- you will never have water spots again. and if you want to remove wax and sealant- wash your car with dish soap. but if you want the sealant to remain and just want to reapply wax- wash with proper car soap and a wool mit. don't ever dry your car by touching your car again- it's idiotic

SVTDice

Established Member
Collinite 845 works great, But make sure you use proper prep first!

If you have bad swirls/scratches, Use megs 105 then 205 with a DA. Or any Orbital for that matter. You will be shocked with the results.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
I use Pinnacle if you ask me it's all in the prep
drop030.jpg
drop014.jpg

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
My car is parked in the garage under an A/C duct for the house. So naturally it condensates and drips on my trunk and spoiler resulting in water spots. Sometimes I forget to cover the rear of the car and they dry on there. White vinegar usually removes them.

JAYSVT06

Established Member
NuPolish in the orange bottle and its only around 8bux at walmart or other stores, its better than wax it says, it says right on the bottle after like 60 automatic car washes the car still repels water and beads up on testing they done...
I use it on everything and i detail cars on the side n always use it, plus if its not to hott out u can apply it in direct sunlight.
24981_600612896887_210611936_34543243_6824842_n.jpg

This is Zinc Yellow, and look how good it shines... almost looks like 04 screaming yellow but its not.

Users who are viewing this thread