What's the Best intake & Throttle body to buy?

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
I've got a stock 2004 motor with a Predator custom tune, CAI, MAGNAFLOW "X" PIPE and a CAT back. Stock pulley and I want a better Throttle body and better intake. What do you recommend?

Thanks,
GLWBEAR:??:

lwantSonicBlue

The Amazon ported t/b seems to be having great success. I have accufab but some people say billet flow is the best:shrug: I could not find a deal on b/f model and the best quotes were 600-700 dollars and that is too much for my poor self. I bought used one in the market for $400 and love it.

TRBO VNM

depends on if you want looks and possible risk of idle issues. If so, go with accufab or billetflow. they look great, but some people have issues with them. If not, go with the Amazon stock ported TB and plenum. Great performance and throttle response. I haven't seen any posts regarding the performance of the billetflow and accufab. I have the Amazon and my gains in the midrange were 14-22rwhp and rwtq.

Intake, I would say K&N FIPK or JLT CAI.

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE
I haven't seen any posts regarding the performance of the billetflow and accufab.
omg, you have got to be kidding me....

With over 1100 posts here on SVTP and you some how missed all the posts about billetflow and accufab tb's over the past 2 years.... hahahahaha

read more, post less :)

BTW: I'm looking into the orange anodizing for you guys

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE
depends on if you want looks and possible idle issues. If so, go with accufab or billetflow.

I haven't seen anything on issues with either the accufab or billetflow .. can you tell me what you have heard about these issues as I haven't heard any and have a good friend that has the accufab? I was looking at doing a billetflow in the future ..

thanks,
Crowley

D-Cobra

Established Member
i'm getting ready to order the amazon racing's ported t/b and plenum, because i've heard good things about them.

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by dougwg
omg, you have got to be kidding me....

With over 1100 posts here on SVTP and you some how missed all the posts about billetflow and accufab tb's over the past 2 years.... hahahahaha

read more, post less :)

BTW: I'm looking into the orange anodizing for you guys

doug, I meant that I I have not read a lot of hp/tq gains/losses regarding yours or accufabs. I might have seen one or two. And since I opted for the stock stuff, I don't open posts that ask about those specific products.

thanks for checking into the orange anodizing.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Originally posted by D-Cobra
i'm getting ready to order the amazon racing's ported t/b and plenum, because i've heard good things about them.

Is amazons peice a single blade or just a ported stocker? Any numbers on how it flows comparied to any of the others out there on the market?

thanks,
Crowley

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had the Accufab (polished) and never had any issues with it. However, the Amazon Racing ported TB/plenum is a lot less expensive and seems to produce the same or greater power. So right now Amazon would be my choice.

I believe Amazon's is a ported stocker but check with Rick.

TRBO VNM

Amazon leave the stock size blades and bore. so it remains 2 blade. i believe and rick confirmed the major gains are seen with the ported plenum. the TB has some gains, but it is the throttle response that is more noticeable with the TB.

my gains were all in the mid range and varied from 14-22 or so. Basically from like 3k up to 5500.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I would go with the Amazon TB & Plenum. Plus if you can wait a little bit, they are going to have a special on that along with one of their ported blowers very soon :D

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Billetflow as far as Engineering and quality standpoint hands down. More throttle response etc.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by broke7
Billetflow as far as Engineering and quality standpoint hands down. More throttle response etc.
I'll agree with the engineering and quality, but why do you say the throttle response is better? What else?

Users who are viewing this thread